Alasse's Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I wasnt looking forward to moving the tanks, and still not to some extent. Good thing is i asked the mob that builds my tank if they would be able to help move them all to the new house and they said yep, very much a relief, they have the equipment and truck to move the larger tanks easily.

I think today i just bought 2 racks, complete with lights and filters lol. Just happened to be in the right place i guess. They will first need to come to this house which is a pain, but manageable, they will just have to sit in the undercover are for 5-6 weeks until we can start moving things over. These are going to be brilliant for holding the adult axolotls individually and for fry tanks.

I might possibly be building a shed at the new property specifically to be my fish room, fully insulated and with reverse cycle to keep the room at a constant temperature, and solar panels to help offset power costs....just waiting to see if they is enough money coming my way to do so (fingers crossed!!)

Cant wait to see if everything goes ahead as planned

sounds like an awesome plan to me!
I hope it works out the way its meant to lol

I now have the 2 racks home, i thought they came with 6 divided tanks, but nope there is 8 tanks! So the racks each hold 4 tanks, will be brilliant once all setup. I want to move to the new place now lol

I also picked up around 40 neons and another gorgeous oranda........i would have loved to get more fish but yeah, i still need to remember i need to move them all again.

I will be sad to see this little store shut its doors (this is how i got racks and fish cheap), the lady that runs it is friendly, helpful and always has a smile for you.

Tis getting closer now...

I have quite a few tanks pulled down & cleaned ready to move, and a few i still need to fully clean.

I only have running now:
5ft - Planted, discus, angels tetras etc
5ft - Severums
5ft - Peppermint colony
4ft - Oscars
4ft - Goldies
4ft - Eel
2.5ft - Planted, neons loaches etc
1.5ft - Eel

go bigger when you get your shed Alasse! 35-ish tanks is never enough :)

go bigger when you get your shed Alasse! 35-ish tanks is never enough :)
LOL Yeah. Once its built and i can start setting up properly, i will probably get new tanks built to suit the space and racks.
I am hoping to be able to have a 8x3x2 in there somewhere so i can get some rays :)

I grabbed a quick photo of the planted tank....which will sadly get fully pulled down soon, but it will be back bigger and better i hope once moved lol

DSC04100%203rd%20Oct%202016.jpg

looks awesome Alasse - and thanks to your inspiration I now have four axies in a 4 foot planted tank complete with a chiller :) I hope the move is painless.

You have a chiller?

wow that is an amazine thing too see :D your fish are cool , the eggs too!

Update:

Most of the tanks got moved to the new house yesterday, today i will be starting the 6x2x2 scaping. This is the only tank that will not be moving to the fish shed when its built, it will stay as a display tank in the entertainment room. As this tank is going to be fully planted it is the one that will take the longest to do, 3 planted tanks are condensing into this one. I bought a new light for the tank, but it currently has marine tubes in it, so will need to change them out for planted tubes that i have. I got some gorgeous rock delivered yesterday to use in this tank, gonna be fun getting some pieces in as holy moly they are heavy, and i do not need to be dropping them for obvious reasons lol.
One the 6ft is done i can heater & canister it up and let it come up to temp before the fish are moved in.

The temp tanks that are currently holding the fish to go into the 6ft will then be emptied and moved into storage to await the shed. Once they are moved out i can move the 2 teired stand in and the 2 larger 5ft tanks can be put onto it (normally these guys are on their own single stands but i need to save space) and then scaped so the oscars and severums can move back home. Their temp tank and pond will then be moved out, the tank into storage and the pond filled again ready for the axolotls to move into,

I think i'll be lucky to get this far today honestly....but will update how far i get :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back