Air stone

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kazzaye

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
About to set up an air stone in my aquarium and it broke off. Just wondering if i need the stone or i can use it without the stone. I shall get another one tomorrow but im rather disappointed. I doubt that it is mendable. Any suggestions?
14976083904301263162498.jpg

About to set up an air stone in my aquarium and it broke off. Just wondering if i need the stone or i can use it without the stone. I shall get another one tomorrow but im rather disappointed. I doubt that it is mendable. Any suggestions? View attachment 84562
You can skip the stone but highly recommend using one as it help to create small bubble which allow more oxygen to dissolve into the water , rather than not using one , if your current one is too easy to break , I would suggest you can buy a more regular non fancy one ,

In fact for some ppl who are very picky on the stone , they may in fact seek for some specific type of wood as air stone in creating even smaller bubbles , what I am saying is , a stone does have its function .

Of course , if you got enough oxygen without using one , then there is no problem

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer. I have just put in an ocean free filter which I had lying around spare. I was a bit concerned about the lack of current in the tank because I've transferred some clown loaches from another tank that I'm restarting . They seem to hang around the filter outlet a lot so adding another on the other side might make things more like home. I like the air stone idea a lot but I'm now wondering if this portable filter is doing much the same job.

You can skip the stone but highly recommend using one as it help to create small bubble which allow more oxygen to dissolve into the water , rather than not using one

Just to make it clear, oxygen does not get into the water from inside the bubbles. Gas exchange occurs at the air/water surface, and the bubbles are not in contact with water long enough for any significant amount of gas exchange to take place. All the bubbles do is to churn the water up so that water from lower down in the tank is exposed at the surface and oxygen rich water is pushed down into the tank. A correctly positioned filter outflow does this as well.

Im thinking ive done the right thing then with the second filter?

Im thinking ive done the right thing then with the second filter?
It really depend on how to setup both filter, I believe you won't out both in the same location so probably that should be just fine in my own view . Just try to make sure the water in your tank as a whole as a nice circulation, for area which you suspect are having a low circulation, you can use your air stone to increase the moment of the water

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Back