Air stone set-up question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocksie

Reaction score
I bought an airpump and an Underwater Treasures Bubble Mist Complete Air Kit that includes:
4" Airstone, Plastic "T", 2 suction cups, 2 control valves, 10' tubing. And NO instructions!

Where do I put the plastic "T"?
I guess I need to cut the tubing?
Where do I put the Control Valves?

Should I rinse all the parts before using them? (Except the pump, of course!)

I want to use an air stone because my guide to setting up a dirted planted tank said to.

This wont answer your question and is just my opinion.

Air stones are a waste of time, If you are going to make bubbles and noise in the tank my suggestion would be to use a small sponge filter. You can easily hide it behind a plant or rock and they make a great backup should the main filter fail.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3954

Plastic "T", 2 suction cups, 2 control valves, 10' tubing.

The "T" is used to run two airlines 2 different places in the aquarium. The 2 control valves when used with the "T" will allow you to the adjust the flow on each branch of the "T". For you, you only need the tubing, ayirstone, and pump.

While not always essential and air stone and air pump will insure CO2 and oxygen levels are constant in the aquarium. This is beneficial to your plants and fish. However it does create some noise which some people don't like. I personally positioned my filter water output flow so that it dropped 1/2" through air to the water surface. This mixes in a substantial amount of air with the water and sounds like a fountain. Which I find more pleasant than the pump noise.

The "T" is used to run two airlines 2 different places in the aquarium. The 2 control valves when used with the "T" will allow you to the adjust the flow on each branch of the "T". For you, you only need the tubing, ayirstone, and pump.

While not always essential and air stone and air pump will insure CO2 and oxygen levels are constant in the aquarium. This is beneficial to your plants and fish. However it does create some noise which some people don't like. I personally positioned my filter water output flow so that it dropped 1/2" through air to the water surface. This mixes in a substantial amount of air with the water and sounds like a fountain. Which I find more pleasant than the pump noise.
Thank you! I have my filter output about the same height. I do like the way it sounds. I hooked up one of the airstones I ordered in the tank where I currently have fish and they seem non-plussed by the torrent of bubbles. I'm not sure why the planted tank guide recommended an airstone.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back