African dwarf frogs tank mates

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Dannielleallen

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive had my african dwarf frogs for 6 months, i have 3 in a 65L tank. So far they have been in there own tank but i am thinking of adding some small fish, some middle to top swimmers, i really like the clown killifish but was wondering if they could be to small and become frogs food?
Im open to suggestions but im not a fan of neons or corys.
Thanks for you advice

I donā€™t have much experience with African Dwarf frogs as iā€™ve only had one once, but I kept him with a longfinned zebra danio, which is one of my personal favorite schooling fish, another cool fish is the white cloud mountain minnow. otherwise, I donā€™t have much experience with the clown killifish. I do however have experience with the golden panchax which you might be able to get a couple of, however, they may be a somewhat small fish, but they have a huge mouth, so depending on how big your frogs are, they might be a cool choice.

I donā€™t have much experience with African Dwarf frogs as iā€™ve only had one once, but I kept him with a longfinned zebra danio, which is one of my personal favorite schooling fish, another cool fish is the white cloud mountain minnow. otherwise, I donā€™t have much experience with the clown killifish. I do however have experience with the golden panchax which you might be able to get a couple of, however, they may be a somewhat small fish, but they have a huge mouth, so depending on how big your frogs are, they might be a cool choice.
Thank you for your response, i have danios in another tank so wouldnt want the same again. Ive not seen any golden killifish available near me, i know i can get the Aphyosemion Bivittatum/rainbow killi and the Gardneri Killi. Iā€™ll look in to them some more.
My smallest frog at the moment is about 1 inch to 1 and a half inches. With the bigger 2 being about 2 inches.

you could probably keep some small killifish in there with them, but make sure they are for sure african dwarf frogs and not african clawed frogs. for the killifish the tank should be pretty planted, from what iā€™ve heard.

you could probably keep some small killifish in there with them, but make sure they are for sure african dwarf frogs and not african clawed frogs. for the killifish the tank should be pretty planted, from what iā€™ve heard.
They are definitely african dwarf frogs, their front ā€˜handsā€™ are webbed, 2 havent grown much either since i bought them. The top is covered with dwarf water lettuce so has a lot of hangong roots up high to, theres also java fern and 2 bunches of something else i cant remember the name of. Thank you for your response

I have two GloFish, a big bellied molly, one guppy and red wag platy in my tank with my African dwarf frog

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back