African Clawed Frogs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PhatRam32

Reaction score
Was wondering how well one of these guys will get along with my other fish. Currently I have 4 serpai tetras, dojo loach, spotted catfish, and two swordtails. I originally had a dwarf African frog and did not have a problem.. Should I just stick with these guys or give the African Clawed Frog a shot.

Also, my tank is 18 inches high, is this acceptable or is this too tall for these type of frogs?

African clawed frogs would eat most of the fish you have in there and the African Dwarf frog.

These frogs can get up to 6" in body (that does NOT include the legs!!) and will eat anything and everything they can.

For ACF, it is best to keep them in a species only tank unless you are exceptionally familiar with their care.

The 18" inch depth is higher than is recommended for African Dwarfs just so you know. An African clawed frog would have no trouble with that depth but again, it would eat most of your fish.

I agree with Jenste. African Clawed Frogs have established a wild population here in the creeks (San Diego,Ca.) area. I caught one once and it was as big as the palm of my hand. He could have easily eaten everything in your tank.

here is a picture of one of my females when she was less than 1.5 years of age....they live up to 20 years so they are definitely an investment!

013-17.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back