African Cichlids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Small%20African%20Cichlid%20Best.jpg
Ugh, i am not happy to say this, but i was right that they are frompetsmart and that they are mbunas, but the reason for how come petsmart always gets them in so much is because they are hybrids that are purposely hybridized to then be sold straight to petsmart and petco, thus being that they are cheap as the are easy hybrids to cross breed. The orange one is a red zebra, the yellow and black one is a bumblebee, and the blue one is a hybrid of a socolofi wana-be with something else. And also, you can't steal/ copy and image from google like that, that is considered copyrigth and you could get banned for doing it.

I have no idea why people would deliberately hybridize cichlids for, it's not like they are hard to breed in the beginning. Just stick em in a tank and feed them and they breed. :)

----------------------
There's no real problems with using images from the web but if you are going to use images from the internet, just put a little note under the image saying got it from so and so :)

As for copyright laws, images on the internet are considered free reign unless they are Copyright, signed by someone, or have some information on the image stating it is from a particular place. Then the image is allowed to be used for personal use (as a background on your monitor) or if you put a note with the message saying it is from so and so, and as long as it is not used for financial gain. If you want to make money from other people's images you need written permission from them before using the images.

In this case there is no info on the image saying who it belongs to so a small message under the image saying "image from so and so on the web" would be sufficient :)

I had found over 11 places from where the image came from, two of them were on websites.

these fish love to play fight as well I have a few of the lower left they are female, they are so funny they will stare each other off from opposite sides of the tank and take turns charging at each other vigourously . They are always testing and playing trying to find a matriarch or dominate fish . But this is harmless and why these fish have so much character. The problem is if they get agitated it is really easy to take a bite to hard , especially with new fish or when they are moody.

these fish love to play fight as well I have a few of the lower left they are female, they are so funny they will stare each other off from opposite sides of the tank and take turns charging at each other vigourously . They are always testing and playing trying to find a matriarch or dominate fish . But this is harmless and why these fish have so much character. The problem is if they get agitated it is really easy to take a bite to hard , especially with new fish or when they are moody.
it is harmless to people, but it is sort of like a street fight, just the cichlids don't fight to the death, but of course the cichlids get injuries from lock mouthing and a few examples are: dislocated jaws, missing teeth, ripped upper and lower lips, sometimes a few scales get scraped on something while they roughhouse and they fall off, and they also lose or gain something, either it is a female, a territory, or a higher ranking like being the tank boss (the tank Alpha or tank Beta), each ending up with the winner always chasing off the loser, and if a tank has few hiding spaces, this is not good for the losing cichlid, as they can get killed if they lost the lock mouth and a female, which would make him a threat to the young the winner might have, so the loser may get killed if there are not enough hiding spots.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back