Affican Clawed Frogs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tony2099

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I move my affican clawed frogs to my 48 gallon tank. And now they wont eat..I put the fillter from the 58 to the 48. The 48 was strong. 

How can I make them eat?

Thank You

They may just be stressed from the move i wouldnt worry about it until at least a week or two, if you are really worried i would try feeding it earthworms or prawns. Is the tank cycled?

Make sure the parameters are all normal at 0 and nitrates around 5-20. Then make sure your frogs arent stressed so just give them time to relax for a day or two, them being predators its ok for them to go long periods of times without food so dont worry a ton. Id try getting theyre favorite foods like earthworms or bloodworms or prawns. Make sure any of their tankmates arent bullying them or stealing their food as well. What do you keep with them?

Right now it them 3 and some snails. Down the raod I will be adding more fish from the 58 to the 48 tank. 

I want to make thye 58 gallon tank to salt but if the frog dont eat. I will move them back and make the 48 to salt. My frogs are my babbys. I got them in DC as lil frog now ther in AZ as big frogs now.

Thank You for all your help.

Yea i feel you i had a albino ACF and back then i was stupid and listened to petsmart and put cories into my 75 no idea why i listened to that nonsense but long story short the frog ate one and died most likely from being shredded from the inside by its fins. I would just try meaty food that have a strong scent.

Or live ghost shrimp, i would gut load them first to have a good diet for your frogs.

Ther wher eating very good in the 58 gallon tank. They wher going to the top and eat the Oscars food(the oscar had be re-home). So I think about just move them back.  I would be sick if I move them and they die.

If you moved them like in the last few days i wouldnt worry a ton, like i said theyre predators and if theyre nice and healthy they will eat when their ready, changing tanks doesnt do much all you have done is given them a smaller tank, and they dont know that. They are still living in almost the same water and temp. so i just think they are a bit stressed from the move.

Alright your welcome, hope your frogs do ok with what ever you decide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back