Aedan's Home!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cowgirluntamed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok, so I'll start a journal here now.
smile.png
My new guy and first ever betta, Aedan, finally has made it to his new home!! After a delay with priority mail that left him in a box over the weekend...He still came out fit as a fiddle!!! Nice and healthy, recovered awesome. Even ate 3 Omega One betta pellets after I let him settle for a bit. (Being almost 6 days without food if not a bit longer I figured he had to be hungry!!) I was even able to get him to come over to the "feeding spot" with my finger!!! I got him from EnvyAquatics(he's on facebook and on ebay). Great seller. Constant communication as I worried about my boy that got delayed. I recomend HIM but maybe not priority mail especially during holidays!!! Great healthy fish.

Anyway, Aedan's name means Born of Fire in Irish(at least from one irish naming website I saw). I thought it suited him because of his blue and red color that's awesome! He's in a nice planted 5.5 gallon tank with one horned nerite snail named Speckles. Here are some pictures of Aedan that I took after I go thim settled in his tank! (Oh, and I also used some of Dr Tims One and Only even though I had plants in there...just in case!! Only recently got the tank set up so yeah.)

Here are a couple of pictures from my phone first, and then the rest are from my tablet! I'll try to get a small video on him soon too.
smile.png
He's a feisty little guy!!

Aedan.jpg

Aedan1.jpg

Aedan2.jpg

Aedan3.jpg

Aedan4.jpg

Aedan5.jpg

He also doesn't look QUITE as metallic in real life as he does in some of the pictures. But he's still an awesome little fish! Oh and he's 5.5 months, probably almost 6 months old now!

Lovely looking fish, do you have a picture of the full set-up?
The tank looks like a new set-up, how long has it been running before adding your boy?

The tank itself is only a couple of weeks old. The plants I got on Friday the 11th so they aren't established just yet but I have seen some new growth a bit already. I have 5 flourish root tabs in the sand scattered about. Anyway, I did the "minimum" amount of the Dr. Tim's One and Only which was 2 capfuls for 10 gallons. This is only a 5.5 gallon tank so I figured it'd be good enough. It has a SunSun 603b as the filter(3 different sponges in it plus a filter floss pad thing). I do have the API liquid test kits so I will test in the morning to make sure the bacteria stuff worked. Here is the full setup after I got the plants in(the nerite snail I put in before I got the plants), but before I got Aedan.

Aedan's new tank.jpg

Also I have a post in the regular betta splenden's section that has more pictures of Aedan that were from ebay. Good pics of him too. :)

Can I male a suggestion?
Put the heater on the back glass next to the filter intake

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back