Advise On Tank And How Many Fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Shellsbells

Reaction score
Hi there

Several weeks ago we bought a tank (having problems finding out the name of it - although on one piece of paper I found it says "Evasion" - research shows 'Aquatlantide' makes the Evasion line but I cannot find the tank we purchased on the net - its a bowshaped corner tank but the exact structure cabinet is not on the net - we phoned the shop this morning just to ascertain the size and they said 260Litres - we have worked that out to 57 Gallons (UK) / 68 Gallons (US) - is that correct? ... oh and the shop refers to the tank as a "Grand Angle Aquarium" and when we phoned they said the tank is manufactured in Italy.

Edit: Just done a quick measurement of the tank (not including the cabinet) and the width is 115cm Height is 55cm and Depth at deepest point is 55cm (but obviously the tank is bowshaped)

Anyway, so far we have:

6 Golden Danios (our starter fish for a week)
2 Clown Loaches
2 Angel Fish
1 Betta
1 Plec

Total 12

Obviously we shall wait a week or more before we purchase anymore fish. But I would like to know how many fish we are able to have and what type .... I was thinking of getting the following but advise would be appreciated

Silver Shark
Gouramis
Rainbows

Id prefer larger quality fish in the tank rather than stock up with more smaller fish like Danios or Tetras.

Thanks very much in advance :good:

Hi,
You already have too many fish in such a new tank - don't worry I'm not blaming you, everyone does this - and you need to be doing regular water changes & your next purchase ought to be test kits and wait a month before adding fish even if the tank has completed it's cycle.

You should consider swapping the clown loaches for a smaller Botia species as clowns will get too big and should be in a larger group.
What species is the plec? Again some wll get much too big - and quickly.

Silver sharks again get too big, some gouramis would be fine -I'd suggest a trio of pearl gouramis.
Rainbows are great fish but need to be kept in shoals so go for smaller or mid sized species.

Thanks for the reply diademhill.

We have been (and still are doing) regular water changes for the two+ months we have had the tank and we have got test kits which are regulary used too.

I am just charging the batteries for my camera and will take some pictures of it to upload for scrutiny .... my main concern like I say is the size and certainly do not want to be getting to many fish or to many big fish should I say.

You mention about changing the Clown loaches - if it means not getting anymore more fish then so be it - I dont want to go into this with my eyes closed and I appreciate all the advise I can get. Im not to sure on the plec species but the pet shop did say it was one of the smaller species.

Thanks diademhill any further feedback would be appreciated .... what do you reckon to my quick measurements and calculations of the tank size, do they seem right? :-(

Edit: For Attachment - hope it works!
tank-web.jpg

tank-web2.jpg

This is a corner tank?
55cm two back sides x 55cm deep.
Volume = pi x radius squared x height divided by 4

=3.1777 x 55 x 55 x 55 /4

= 132172 cc = 132 litres.
Lees displacement of substrate and decor so the tank only holds about 120 litres or 26 Imperial gallons.
I found this online which is called a 120 - Is this it? http://www.theaquariumshop.co.uk/elite-cor...rium-o-239.html

The 120 long rectangular does hold 260 litres.

I think you need to get the clowns out and the plec unless it is a bristlenose. Forget the pearl gouramis but look at a shoal of dwarf neon rainbows.

Yep its a corner unit but the link you have provided for the image isnt quite like our tank - I am finding it very difficult to get a picture of it or any details for that matter off the net ... I have taken some photies of it - excuse the quality I'm not know for my photographic abilities! ha ha.

Bristlenose sounds very familiar, I think youve hit the nail on the head for the plec ... Ive just had a nose for a picture of it in the Index and yes, it looks very very much like ours but ours is obviously a bit more diddier cos its younger.

Thanks again

if you get gouramis, take out the betta, or there will be a bloodbath and the gouramis usually win!

if you get gouramis, take out the betta, or there will be a bloodbath and the gouramis usually win!

:shout: oooo me gawd! thanks for the advise cattxx.

And thanks for the feedback diademhill.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back