Advice Please!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Manni_82

Reaction score
:huh:

Can someone please tell me what I ought to do, one my fresh plants colour is changing to a browny colour. I thought it was just the top part of the plant, so I thought it would be easy to prune, only I have found that the whole plant has been affected -_-

Could someone tell me why this has happened and what I need to do next!

Thanks

Manni

Manni, the problem is photosynthesisor lack of it. There are three reasons why a plant goes brown. 1) lack of light 2) lack of nutrients 3) attack by a virus and/or fish. If you have an U/G filtration system the roots may be damaged by the downward suction. If you check each one out then your answer lies withing the 3 answers I've given you.

First I take it this is a live plant? what kind of substrate do you have it planted in? For a planted tank I would recommend a substrate like Seachem's Flourite. You can mix it with your existing gravel or you could use it alone as a substrate. I, myself, do not have live plants as I do not have the time and patience to prune and maintain them. Thou I have heard high remarks of the substrate I named above.

HTH

Is it safe to put something like Leaf Zone into the tank even whilst the fish are there -_- ?I believe my plants have a lack of nutrients which is why it's going brown in colour. Is this safe and is it any good to improve the health of a live plant? :blink:

Manni

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back