Advice please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fjscotland

Reaction score
Hi

I have two Gouramis. Great fish love them. One stays on left side of the tank and the other on right. Both come up and say hello everyday.

Occasionally the one on the left gets moody, latley they come in the middle of the tank and rub against each other.

Until today. The right Gouramis is scared of me, a large lump has formed in its front. The left guy no change. He has always made bubbles at the top of the tank.

Anyway checked the tank, all fine re water test. Any ideas whats wrong with the right one?

Sorry for a long story.

What species of Gourami and how big is the tank? Not very many species do well with others of their own kind, in that regard they are like bettas. The one that blows bubbles is likely a male, and if the other is also a male then he could be getting bullied by him and perhaps that is why there is a wound. Even if its a female he will be aggressive and wanting to breed (hence the bubbles). Them rubbing up against each other could be fighting or flirting, sometimes it's the same thing for gouramis :p

Could you post a pic of the sick one? It might not be a wound from the other fish but something more serious.

Its 125 litre. I cannot get close to it. Its totally changed personality over night :( only other thing in the tank is a few neon's.

Attachments

• 20170226_210601.jpg
    20170226_210601.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 169
He is better today but I think he is being bullied:(

One day I will get this fish tank right.

Dwarf gourami's don't really like their own kind, so yeah I would see about either rehoming one of them. I feel like the bullying will keep on going until one or the other has been killed.

Dwarf gourami's don't really like their own kind, so yeah I would see about either rehoming one of them. I feel like the bullying will keep on going until one or the other has been killed.
Agree

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back