Advice Please Regarding Tropical Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hpoole530

Reaction score
 advice please! have a 3ft tank which has only platys and guppies in it, recently added 3 (2 standard, 1 dwarf) gourami as was told these would be good community fish, however the largest of the 3 became very aggressive attacking all the other fish (unfortunately killing 2 in one night) i have since taken this fish out if the tank and returned it. The other two are absolutely fine, but would just like some advice on what i can add to the tank, i now only have 7 platys, 2 guppies and the two gouramis in this tank and would like to add some different fish for variation, possibly something larger (but which wont attack the smaller ones) any advice? The tank is well planted and has many hiding places and ornaments! Thank you so much

What are the other measurements to your tank? Have you thought about some tetras or barbs in a shoaling group?

I have a Severum in my tank and it does fine with the plattys and tetras I have on there.

you probably have a 40 gallon tank.. (guessing) 

if you have sand then you can have a shoal of cories.. always nice on the bottom.
if you have floating plants on the top then a african butterfly fish. (top dweller)
rainbow fish
hatchet fish
rams

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back