Reaction score
Hi All

We have a 35g tank with community fish.
3x barbs
4x rumy nose
4 cardinals
3x corydorys
Kuli loaches

I do small weekly water changes. Have tested water and everything is fine. Tested water several times over last few weeks. Have a fluval 306 so filtration is good. All live plants in tank.
All my fish seem healthy. Only issue last couple of days is keeping the temp down due to small heatwave. Water temps reaching 84.
One of my barbs had started to get big.. I though it may be pregnant but just noticed the barb as picture. This does not look good.....anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• rsz_120190420_144614_resized.jpg
    rsz_120190420_144614_resized.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 117
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The fish in the picture has an internal bacterial infection. If it has stopped eating then euthanise it.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately lost the fish. Internal bacterial infection.....is there a cause of is it just one of those things?

Most internal bacterial infections are caused by poor water quality, dirty tanks, filters that need a clean, and bad food.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Then do it weekly after that. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

If the filter is established (been running for more than 2 months) then clean it if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter materials in a bucket of tank water.

Make sure any frozen or live food is good and has not started to go off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back