Addition To My Fish Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mrbilbertson

Reaction score
Hi all,

just a quick question to anyone that can help. ive got a 95L (24 gallon) fish tank with only 5 fish at the moment. i've got 3 rummy nose tetras, a dwarf gourami and a red honey gourami. i want to get either, firemouths, rainbow cichlids, or dollar fish. was wondering if all these fish are compatable with the fish i already own and should i get a few of them or just a single fish.
Thanks for your help guys and gals

Alfie

Hi MrB, I'm not 100% but I don't think adding those guys is a good idea. However someone who knows what they're talking about should be along soon with advice. As far as I know you need to be careful about which fish you put them in with.

I agree with Fintastic! Those are fairly large fish for your tank and the cichlids would probably beat up your gourami and eat your rummy nose when they mature.

thanks for the replys guys
i sort of knew that they weren't compatable, but just wanted to make sure. ive been looking for more active fish that i could add, but dont know what to look for. any tips or advice would be very greatful!

Perhaps think of adding to your rummynose tetras? I think they prefer to be in a bigger school. I can't help with the other fish sorry, I am a newbie too :D

Perhaps think of adding to your rummynose tetras? I think they prefer to be in a bigger school. I can't help with the other fish sorry, I am a newbie too :D

+1 to this Rummynose tetras need a shoal of at LEAST 6 imo. If you can I would get 10, if not 8. All the other fish you've suggested might either outgrow your tank or be too aggressive. I would recommend a pair or trio of Apistogramma. Then maybe 6 Corydoras pygmaeus/Hastatus.

So:
1 Dwarf Gourami,
1 Honey Gourami,
8 Rummynose Tetra,
2/3 Apistogramma,
6 Corydoras Pygmaeus/Hastatus.

Thanks for all your replys. Going to the fish shop now to make a new investment!! lol I'm so excited.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back