Ada 60P

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Time for another update...hope you guys are liking what you see!

So, the tank went through an INTENSE ugly mode. LOADS of diatoms, everywhere. This definitely stressed out the plants, lots of melting on my Ammania Bonsai, and the pogo helferi. Not sure how the Fissidens is doing...but will hopefully hang on. Anyway, the tank took another month to fully cycle after flooding. Now that it is cycled, I added 7 Amano shrimp, lost 3 of them. I think they just didn't transition well with my nitrates and CO2. I pushed the CO2 way back to 2 bps, which made the drop checker somewhere between blue and green. Was dosing between 1/3 and 1/2 EI levels, then went on a trip for 6 days, which really let the plants soak up the nitrates. I upped my lighting to 75% power, and I think the shrimp are really helping with the diatoms, and I am planning on adding some Oto's soon as well.

Anyway, here are the pictures...oh and I left some diatoms on the back wall for when I get my Oto's.

High tech update 4416 003 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

Proserpinaca is having a rough transition from my low-tech to high-tech, but I think it is going to pull through.

High tech update 4416 005 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

Really excited to see the Ludwigia arcuata transition to it's high light form! Spiky leaves and color!!

High tech update 4416 006 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

High tech update 4416 007 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

High tech update 4416 010 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

Lost a lot of Ammania to the diatom's drowning it...stems melted...but a few stems survived!

High tech update 4416 011 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

High tech update 4416 012 by Jason Grohmann, on Flickr

Hope you guys like the update!!

you need some amanos I think... unless your plants (some) are just getting stunted

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back