Accidentally killed bro's pet. Should I lie about it?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

imfrightened

Reaction score
I accidentally killed my brotherā€™s pet goldfish because I forgot to stop by his apartment to feed it. I know itā€™s just a pet, but god knows how much my bro cherished that little thing. Now Iā€™m all caught up. Should I just tell him? Or cover it up by getting an identical one from the pet store? Heā€™s out of town on a real singles tour for a few days and I don't want him to think he canā€™t rely on me for something as simple as feeding his precious goldfish. What do you guys think?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

How long did the fish go without food?
I ask because fish can go for weeks or even months without food and they don't die from starvation. So if you missed 1 feed that did not kill the fish.

The biggest killer of aquarium fish is poor water quality caused by too much food and lack of filtration.

Are there any other fish in the tank or did he only have one goldfish?

Is there a filter on the tank?

Did you do a water change or anything to the fish before it died?

I assume you have taken the body out and buried it or put it in the rubbish?

-------------------
I would tell him it died. If he has any issues he can ask on here, and we can try to work out why it did die.

I would tell him! Most likely you didnā€™t kill it by not feeding him. Goldfish can go a long time without food but there could be something else that killed him like poor water quality and not using chemicals to treat the water when cleaning out the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back