A Nice And Not So Nice Post

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TiffanyJayne

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Last night i had a horrible turn in one of my tanks, i lost 2 female rams and a rummy nose...so sad.
I really do enjoy my fish so much and have struggled to find why this happend, i checked my levels/filter and did a water change.
One of them had began swimming around with a male ram and they seem to get on great then he turned on her and started nipping at her until she couldn't find it in her to swim then he turned on the other female, then i woke up to the rummy nose who showed no signs off illness or bullying.

I went to pick up some more tap safe and saw a blue claw lobster/crayfish who was adorable and i had to have him (i had an empty tank ready and waiting for something like him) he's settled in lovely and seems happy in his new home.
I also bought a mate for my gold spot catfish??? the shop didn't know what he was and the intraweb picture look like that's what he could be, but he kept hiding behind my filter now they seem to have groups with my cory cats and are swimming around lovely **even with the light on!!** and i have a smile on my face again =D

Even my glass cats who i haven't seen since i put them in seem to be out in full force near the front of the tank.
I hate losing fish and i understand it's just one of those things but i love it when they all seem so happy.

Oh and my pangasuis and the 7 inch loach who i've only seen twice in a month are loving the 5 foot from there usual 2 foot tank.

Winners all round i say. :D :D

Last night i had a horrible turn in one of my tanks, i lost 2 female rams and a rummy nose...so sad.
I really do enjoy my fish so much and have struggled to find why this happend, i checked my levels/filter and did a water change.
One of them had began swimming around with a male ram and they seem to get on great then he turned on her and started nipping at her until she couldn't find it in her to swim then he turned on the other female, then i woke up to the rummy nose who showed no signs off illness or bullying.

I went to pick up some more tap safe and saw a blue claw lobster/crayfish who was adorable and i had to have him (i had an empty tank ready and waiting for something like him) he's settled in lovely and seems happy in his new home.
I also bought a mate for my gold spot catfish??? the shop didn't know what he was and the intraweb picture look like that's what he could be, but he kept hiding behind my filter now they seem to have groups with my cory cats and are swimming around lovely **even with the light on!!** and i have a smile on my face again =D

Even my glass cats who i haven't seen since i put them in seem to be out in full force near the front of the tank.
I hate losing fish and i understand it's just one of those things but i love it when they all seem so happy.

Oh and my pangasuis and the 7 inch loach who i've only seen twice in a month are loving the 5 foot from there usual 2 foot tank.

Oh, that's really sad! I hate it when I lose fish, it's so sad.
I have often had the same problem- one of my fish is sick, they go interact with other fish, and then they all die. That was the problem, I think. It's great to see that your other fish our doing so well- you have a lot. I was just wondering, do you think lobsters are sutible for a generel coummunity tank? can you tell me a little about there basic care requirements?

sorry for your loss well your fish are in a better place now in the giant fish tank in the sky :rip:

also cool that you got a lobster you should put some pics of him up soon

Oh, that's really sad! I hate it when I lose fish, it's so sad.
I have often had the same problem- one of my fish is sick, they go interact with other fish, and then they all die. That was the problem, I think. It's great to see that your other fish our doing so well- you have a lot. I was just wondering, do you think lobsters are sutible for a generel coummunity tank? can you tell me a little about there basic care requirements?

My partner had one a few years back who wen't from a small 1 foot tank to a 3 foot and still needed more room, he eats pretty much anything and should only be in with another crayfish or by himself, they may not be quick but they are good with there claws and if a fish get too close he becomes dinner, decent filter, clean water good supply of good foods and they seem to like it when you talk to them however should you put him in with a XL oscar, the crayfish become dinner.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back