A Comment To All You Dwarf Hair Grass Growers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

freshwaterfishlover

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I always see posted people saying their Dwarf Hair Grass is turning brown. I too have/had the same problem. I have 45 plants with 12 Species of plants in a 65 gallon. I dose every other day with Excel Carbon and once a week Iron and my Dwarf hair grass was still Browning. All my other plants except my 1 Sagittaria Subulata are doing great. My Amazon Sword is growing a stem, My 4 Combambas are growing tall, my 10Narrow Leaf Micro Swords are growing tall, my 2 Penny Worth are growing out of Control and my 2 Banana plants have great big Lilis. All my other plants are healthy. I had a old 2-3 year old T8 and when I replaced it with a new 40w T8 the Dwarf Hair Grass started to turn a little green again. Dwarf Hair Grass needs more then just a T8 to grown. Soon I will also be adding a T5 along with the new T8. The trick to Dwarf Hair Grass is excessive Light.

You know giving more light and dosing carbon with iron and no ferts containing N&P is gonna make things worse, much worse. You will be making the plants photo synthesize quicker resulting in your stems and fast growers using up any nutrients in the tank quicker leaving none for the slow growing grass.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back