A big thank you....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jimmy Twotimes

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd just like to say, on behalf of all newbies who use this forum...

THANK YOU :nod:

for helping us with all the questions we bombard you with. I dont know how many books I would have had to buy to get all the info I need and its so reassuring to know that if I have any fishy related problems there is always someone we can ask for help. :)

We are looking after live creatures and so a big responsibility comes with that. As a newbie that responsibility can be very daunting considering we could either give the fish long healthy lives or kill them in an instant.

Thanks again for those people who take the time and trouble to scoure the newbie forum and to help us on our way. No doubt we will continue to ask many questions on this great interest we share.

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, you'll be amazed how quickly you go from a newbie to a fishaholic too!! And I still learn something new every day :thumbs:

It's true...I'm a newbie and would like to second the tanks, but feel like I have learned so much in the last month and am now TOTALLY adicted to fish...my mum looks at me wierdly when I go see her and rave about my new fish and my housemate thinks I'm a fishgeekfreak, so it's great to have somewhere to come and natter about fish and get my problems solved (as well as starting to help other people solve theirs) without feeling left out...! :D

Ive been keeping fish for close to 15 years now and find myself learning something new on a daily basis. Also be prepared to suffer the addiction like all of us have. Youll always feel the need to have just one more tank. Youll also catch yourself thinking "If I knock down that wall and get rid of that unsightly furrniture..........." and facing a divorce. Well I exagerate a bit but you know what I mean. Have fun and keep posting questions, we learn from all of them.

you don't exagerate, I'm having to get rid of parts of my lounge to fit a new tank in and am having to beg borrow or steal a table big enough from my mum to put it on...and I've only been at this game for five minutes comparatively..I'm going to be up there with AlienU in having a million Tanks, going to have to build an extension or gut the garage out and make it into a fish room.....aarrgghh!! madness! :blink: :crazy: :S

The amazing thing is I feel like I've learned so much and I'm still awaiting the delivery of my first ever tank!!!
:lol:

I've got all the other stuff ready (heater, filter lighting etc) but I dont want to have all this (expensive) kit in front of me only then to say to myself " well what do I do now....!"

So I've bought a couple of books but you cant query a book and thats why I believe these forums are almost essential. I'm sure my chances of creating a healthy habitat for fish have dramatically increased since I started reading these forums. I dont suppose for a moment I'll get everything right and I spose I might lose the odd fish on the way :no: but at least I've given myself a better chance by getting as much info from people who look after these things day in day out. ;)

Jimmy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back