8 Gallon Cube - Shrimp Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

catxx

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
i have an aquaone 320 currently vacant (bar one oto soon to rehomed to an algae-filled 20 gallon).

it's been running almost 3 years, and is planted with some hygrophilia. i have 2 adult amano shrimps in another tank i was going to move over to this one, any other suggestions? it currently has pea gravel substrate, bogwood and a couple of small bits of slate (that the oto lurves), any suggestions on tank set up? it has a fluval 1 filter as filtration which, in the cube, puts out a fair bit of current.

you can have some cherry shrimp in there too. :good:

You should be able to keep most dwarf shrimp in there and the decor sounds fine. See what you can get and set the temperature accordingly, most prefer it cooler to normal tropical temps.

If your worried about the filter being too strong you can cover the inlet with tights or a sponge.

2576333784_237d84608a.jpg

that's the tank. i've just picked up 6 crystal reds, will see how they get on!

no, never used anything copper or anything copper based, wouldn't dream of it.

Good Luck with the Crystal Reds. They are lovely. Are you going to add more planting or mosses?

i'm planning more slate (they lurve the slate) and possibly some mosses, i have a moss ball in another tank i'll shift over to this one and go from there.

here's the size difference!

2598941220_0f7a783d93.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back