600-700 Litre Stocking?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
pacu's?

2 fluval fx5s though.

or go marine!!!!!

marine has the best choice of smaller predators like frogfish etc.
i beleive they can mix with eels/lionfish etc.
just gonna cost a lot. and take some time to mature.

i have a 150 uk gallon that i just finished painting a background on.
im trying to find good tankmates that *do* stuff while also looking great.
and marine wins hand down for the tank size so far.

if i could have a larger tank i would opt for river predators.

but pacu's seem to be good in 6 foots with good filtration. 

edit .  at 2 foot deep

actually these would work good.

smaller uk native perch.

actually i could my diamond sturgeon in with some perch for a good year!

ilikecrayons said:
pacu's?

2 fluval fx5s though.

or go marine!!!!!

marine has the best choice of smaller predators like frogfish etc.
i beleive they can mix with eels/lionfish etc.
just gonna cost a lot. and take some time to mature.

i have a 150 uk gallon that i just finished painting a background on.
im trying to find good tankmates that *do* stuff while also looking great.
and marine wins hand down for the tank size so far.

if i could have a larger tank i would opt for river predators.

but pacu's seem to be good in 6 foots with good filtration. 

edit .  at 2 foot deep
actually these would work good.

smaller uk native perch.

actually i could my diamond sturgeon in with some perch for a good year!
Id say no to pacu since they need at least 1000 liters per fish and grow bigger than a full grown man's torso. In short: tank busters.

Im just debating now whether to get a few dwarf snakeheads, but I have a tendency to kill every plant I get lol;-)

Datnoids????

Snakeheads and plants. Sounds great. We can help you with plants, it's not that hard.

laurac94 said:
Im just debating now whether to get a few dwarf snakeheads, but I have a tendency to kill every plant I get lol;-)
Datnoids????
Indo datnoids would be great! Keep it slightly brackish though.

I was totally in your situation when deciding on what to do with my 110 gallon. Being that i want to upgrade to a MUCH bigger tank eventually, and i LOVE arowanas, i was going to try and stock according to the arowana and go from there. However... EVERYTHING changed! I loved the idea of having tonnes of smaller schooling fish, with a couple bigger ones. My tank is now almost totally a barb tank, with tigers, albino tigers, green tigers, Golden rosy barbs, siamese flying fox, corys, african butterfly, ropefish, and a red tail black shark. I absolutely love it! the way all the fish school together, and all of the fish have so much energy and are constantly moving about. Never gets boring! just saying a barb tank is something to think about, or just smaller schooling fish. Maybe some angels and ropefish? 

I've got a 40 gallon community tank with schools of tetras and live bearers, im just looking for something totally different now, im even thinking of buying my dad another tank so he can have my community fish and change that up. Havent got the tank yet but im too excited lol;-) gotta do my driving lessons first though :'(
Plus my sailfin pleco is going in the new tank so small fish would make him look even bigger ;-)
Im sure your tank looks great though!

laurac94 said:
I've got a 40 gallon community tank with schools of tetras and live bearers, im just looking for something totally different now, im even thinking of buying my dad another tank so he can have my community fish and change that up. Havent got the tank yet but im too excited lol;-) gotta do my driving lessons first though :'(
Plus my sailfin pleco is going in the new tank so small fish would make him look even bigger ;-)
Im sure your tank looks great though!

Good luck on that! Hope you keep us updated! And about datnoids are you willing to keep them long term?

DAMN! Got very close to buying a beautiful 5 footer but he just wanted too much for it :'( really got my hopes up lol
Think I'll go cry ;-);-)

If you get a 6x2 go for a pair of Orange Cobra Snakeheads aka Channa aurantimaculate or a African Parachanna Obscura 
yes.gif

If you're looking for predatory oddballs and can't afford a 6 foot I would go with a hujeta gar and a rainbow snakehead. The gar grows between 10-12 inches and the snakehead only gets to about 8 inches. 4 foot would be the minimum for the two but a 5 foot would be more ideal.

Im getting a 330l 4 footer Wednesday and have decided to go with south American cichlids instead:) my next tank will be full of rainbow snakeheads though..a few years off but owel:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back