6' Tanganyikan Tank Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi, had this tank since 14.06.11 and had a few changes, thought I would do a wee thread on it as I'm going to be changing it again, hoping to get my teeth into a breding project :hyper:

The tank was supposed to be the "final" addition to a mini fishroom project :rolleyes: , see old thread ... for anyone interested.. Mini Fishroom Project

I received the first FX5 on 29.03.11 and cycled it on the Fluval Roma240 which I received 15.02.11. I collected 20 F1 Tropheus duboisi (Kigoma), pretty young and added them to the roma240, then added 16 F1 Tropheus moorii (Kasanga) "red rainbow"...

Set up the tank, made a complete a**e of siliconing the background. Shifted the Tropheus over and ran the tank like this for a few months. Added a second Fluval FX5.

On 15.10.11 I picked up 6 WC Eretmodus sp. "north" (Bulu Point), after a few weeks one was seriously bullied and couldn't land on rocks or sand , I put him in hospital tank but lost him soon after :sad:

Recently sold the F1 Tropheus duboisi (Kigoma), they had grown on well but were not showing full potential sharing the tank with the red rainbows. (After bagging uo and selling the dubs I noticed the smallest Eretmodus goby was missing, it had crossed my mind she was away with the dubs, saw her that morning :unsure: ).

On 11.11.11 received 6 WC Limnochromis auritus (Chituta Bay) and added them to the Roma240...

Last week noticed a third goby MIA, day of water change, was in tank that morning, down the back of tank ? :crazy:

6' Project , after reading an interesting article from someone who successfuly bred a pair of WC Limnochromis staneri it got me thinking about a similiar project with the auritus, I am now reluctantly selling the 16 F1 red rainbows to free up the tank :sad: I am also looking into adding either a group of juvenile F1 Frontosa or a small WC adult group :drool:
I will add some updates/pics. etc as and when this happens.

Tank - ND Aquatics 72"L x 18"W x 24"H ( 510ltrs / 112galls )
Background - Back To Nature , slimline , Limestone
Lighting - Arcadia 58W controller, Arcadia "original tropical" tube 58W / 60", reflector 60"
Substrate - Caribsea Cichlid Sand
Filtration - 2x Fluval FX5
Heater - Eheim Jager 300W
River Rocks

Here's a recent vid of how it is currently set up.... hope you like :good:

6' Tanganyikan Tank

Thanks for looking, Sean

woah this setup mustve cost a fortune and worth every penny, amazing :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online