5Gal Paludarium Build Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

omg that is friggin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: YOU DID A GREAT JOB I THINK IM GONNA TRY DOING THAT TOMORROW.
SHAHREZ

what the gph rating of that pump?

looks fab, shame its so small. That idea scaled up to a 200L would be fantastic. Would beat amphib displays at aquariums

Thanks for all the comments. The filter is a Elite Mini, it does 58 GPH.

I worked on the stream some more. Its not really noticeable, but I added more black plastic, since a decent amount of water was escaping off it. I added some more moss and plants to the land area. All the plants flower there is a purple violet, some forget-me-nots, and a plant I only know as a lemon clover(yellow flowers, tastes lemony). None of them currently have flowers though. I plan to add some other plants from my 2.5gal terranium when I get around to it. The water area has a little moss ball, subwassertang, pennywort, and some other plants.

Also inhabitants! A number of ramshorn snails in the water side are keeping it clean. I'm still having issues with dirt run off, from the water fall. It clouds up the water and creates a scum on the surface. I found a little toady yesterday, who is living on the land area.
P1090088.jpg

P1090087.jpg

P1090085.jpg

P1090083.jpg

Well I figured I should update this. I haven't really been on in the last month due to college :/ . Here is the little tank currently. I haven't done much but let it grow in. It needs to be trimmed back now. I kept having problems with sediment running off due to the stream. So this last month its been kept off while the plants root in. They have rooted a lot and its solved the runoff problem for the most part. Now there is almost a root problem, IDK what plant they go to. But they go 4" into the dirt, an 1" up the side of the tank, and they are overflowing into the water. Some go from the top of the wall all the way to the gravel. All plants are doing good, except the clover things. They didn't seem to like all the moisture, cuz they all died.

An endler has been living in the water side, I tried to get a picture but he's fast and its weedy. I've only been topping off the water side as it evaporates, the excessive amount of plants and roots in the water seem to be enough control the water quality.

Again I need to trim it.

P1090761.jpg

P1090762.jpg

P1090716.jpg

P1090763.jpg

P1090764.jpg

P1090731.jpg

Wow that has come along very well.

Just goes to show that a tank doesn't have to be huge to look fantastic.

You've inspired to look through the attic and dig out some some old kit........have a vision of the same set up, but with a Bonsai

Thanks !

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back