5 gallon planted journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok so I started my 5 gallon soon to be a dwarf puffer tank so I thought I would make a journal to show how it looks right now and the progress onwards

upload_2017-1-16_10-45-45.png
upload_2017-1-16_10-46-42.png

Here is the update after my rescape
upload_2017-1-18_15-53-56.jpeg

Pictures look a little bright and not as detailed as its from a ds

I like it better. I think a third rock might look ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You don't have too lol. What do I know. I was picturing another in between two. It kinda looks sandwiched or propped up as it is. But its your tank.

Youll get it. Your off great start. What plants did you order?

I orded Staurogyne repens for a carpeting plant and Bacopa monnieri both of which may arrive friday.Also rescaped the tank tell me wht you think.
upload_2017-1-18_19-43-21.jpeg
upload_2017-1-18_19-44-9.jpeg

Even better. It looks more natural. You have enough par for s.repens?

lol dont know how to measure I do know this is the tank with the 16 watt flourescent bulb on a 5 gallon with no duckweed. XD

I'd buy a nitrite kit first. You're going to need it to know when it's safe to add fish or shrimp. I'd actually buy the API freshwater master test kit. It comes with tests for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, pH, and high range pH. You can get it off Amazon for a reasonable price, cheaper than just buying two test kits on their own. Airline tubing is also pretty inexpensive on Amazon. I think mine cost me 3ish dollars. Tank looks good so far! Is that wisteria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Api fw master kit

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back