4Ft South American Cichlid Idea

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Flinkbag

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello all! 

I'm toying with the idea of restocking my tank with small to medium sized SA cichlids. I currently have:

1x Mature Firemouth Cichlid
2x Bala Sharks (selling)
1x Rainbow shark (selling)
1x Emperor Tetra (selling)
3x Young Clown Loaches (will eventually move out of tank) 
1x Kuhli loach
1x Cory
1x Mature Purple Spotted Gudgeon 
1x upside down catfish 
1x Yoyo loach 
1x Bristlenose 

So with the sharks and tetra gone, I'd only have 10 small to medium sized fish in my tank. Also keep in mind I have a lot of loaches, so the stocking sounds high, but majority of the fish I own are quite small. The tank is 230 litres and I use an eheim classic 350 filter :)

I'm hoping to buy a Green Severum and a Geophagus Orangehead. Love to hear your thoughts on whether this is a yay or nay idea, and if its a yay, what kind of other cichlids I could get that aren't too large or aggressive. If it's nay, what kind of other fish species are fun to keep that would get along with my Firemouth and Gudgeon? I was also thinking Rainbowfish, but I like how fun American Cichlids are. I want to keep these fish for a long time, so I'm trying to make the best possible choices now rather than later. It has to be right by the animals, so I don't want to make a decision now that could potentially harm my current fish in the future. 

Thank you for your time and thoughts,

Sophie :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back