4dhk And Glass Check Valves?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Behold

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok other than aqua essentials where can i get 4dhk 10 quid for some water is extortionate.....

Second im looking at a regulate that comes with a glass check valve. Are they useless or not?

thanks

Antony

May sound extortionate but you will use 3ml every 2-3 weeks. Even if you do it every 2 weeks that means the 4dKH will cost £3.13 per year!!!!

I would bite the bullet on this one as homemade 4dKH can be highly inaccurate as no-one can agree on the exact quantities of BiCarb to add to DI and I have also found some DI to be non DI recently!!!

KH test kits that are good enough to use to test your homemade solution are very very expensive. The ones that would cost you........£10 are not good enough.

Are you sure it is a glass check valve on the regulator? if you are talking the Aquatic Magic one it is a bubble counter on the regulator meaning you have to buy a check valve as well.

AC

May sound extortionate but you will use 3ml every 2-3 weeks. Even if you do it every 2 weeks that means the 4dKH will cost £3.13 per year!!!!

I would bite the bullet on this one as homemade 4dKH can be highly inaccurate as no-one can agree on the exact quantities of BiCarb to add to DI and I have also found some DI to be non DI recently!!!

KH test kits that are good enough to use to test your homemade solution are very very expensive. The ones that would cost you........£10 are not good enough.

Are you sure it is a glass check valve on the regulator? if you are talking the Aquatic Magic one it is a bubble counter on the regulator meaning you have to buy a check valve as well.

AC

The reg im looking comes free with this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...;Category=20756

Just wanted to know if i should be getting something better as im trying to work out how it would be reliable..

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thats the Gamba XII glass bubble counter and Non return valve (NRV) You mean you get these 2 pieces free with the regulator?

I use these so I won't bore you with my opinion on them. lol. Suffice to say I have used them for nearly 2 years. Look carefully. They are in there. lol

CO2setup-1.jpg

AC

yes i would go with the AE 4dkh solution, i bought mine back in January and i have only used a quarter of the bottle! I change the solution weekly (500ml bottle)

Thats the Gamba XII glass bubble counter and Non return valve (NRV) You mean you get these 2 pieces free with the regulator?

I use these so I won't bore you with my opinion on them. lol. Suffice to say I have used them for nearly 2 years. Look carefully. They are in there. lol

CO2setup-1.jpg

AC
Yup there free with the solinoid controlled twin gauge regulator from Aquatics HK People have used there regs with no issues from the forum posts around and for 58 quid delivered is not bad with a bubble counter and check valve.

a FE and some pipe. still trying to decide on a diffuser and need to fing a velcro strap.

The Velcro strap is an MP3 armband I bought from PC World for 99p (with an MP3 case which went in the bin. lol)

AC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back