45gallon Stocking?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LuvsRams

Reaction score
Hello,

I posted on the other part of the forum about my boyfriends tank. Its 4ft long, he has 2 angel fish and corys. Is there anything that could go in with that mix? He is looking at bigger fish, 5~8inch or possibly 2 severum but he says his tanks to small?
Thank you

2 severums would be too much, but one could fit. I have a severum in a 4ft with more fish than your BF has in his tank :)

2 severums would be too much, but one could fit. I have a severum in a 4ft with more fish than your BF has in his tank :)

What kinda Fish could he have in the tank if he were to get one?

He really likes his corys and his angel fish are really nice.

So if He were to add 1 male or female Severum the other fish would be ok? The severum wouldnt have a problem with the corys or angels? will the angels or corys have a probem with the Severum?

Considering the size Severums get to I'm inclined to agree with Dwarfs, there is only room for one and absolutely not 2 severums. At some point there is a good chance that the Severum and Angels will run into problems with each other as they both reach more mature sizes, but only time will tell.

How about firemouths? They get around 6" and are generally not aggressive and a pair would probably go quite nicely in there.

Otherwise Keyhole cichlids (cleithracara maronii). Ok, they do not get "big" as males only get to about 4", but they are lovely. Not pretty, but wonderful little fish.

Another nice fish would be aequidens metae. Very nice fish and not too large or aggressive

There is cichlasoma festivum. They get around 6", so might get away with a pair, and are generally peaceful.

There are also Jade eyed cichlids (not sure of latin name) which get around 6" and are quite nice fish.

Are you based in UK? If so, I might know where you can get some of these if you are interested. To some searches on google for them, and if you like them let me know.

Oh, and crenicara punctulata. Get around 5/6 inches. Kind of like a larger checkerboard cichlid. Not sure how easy they are to find though. I know it can be quite hard simply fo find information on them.

I wouldnt recomend Firemouths.. with angels. However, I think I do agree keyhole cichlids would be a good one.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back