4 Ft Tank Ok As A Hospital Tank For An Oscar?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigIan

Big and BAD!
Reaction score
the mrs and i are looking at setting up a hospital/quarantine tank, the biggest fish we have is an oscar, and in the unlikely event he gets ill could we pop him in a 4 footer short term? i know its not ideal and probably a third of the size tank he should be in but would it be ok or would it stress him more?

the mrs and i are looking at setting up a hospital/quarantine tank, the biggest fish we have is an oscar, and in the unlikely event he gets ill could we pop him in a 4 footer short term? i know its not ideal and probably a third of the size tank he should be in but would it be ok or would it stress him more?
yeah. and i dont think a 4 footer is a 3rd of the size. An oscar should be ok in a 125. and a normal 4 footer is anywhere from 55-100

it would probably be a 55 gal, hopefully he never has to go in it any way, but just wanted to check to see.

i guess i'm not into big fish enough... when i saw '4ft' as a hospital tank i expected to come in the thread and see 'oh sorry, i meant 4gallon'...

my main tank is 55gallons, 4 ft.... :lol:

we have several large fish and fish that have the potential to become large, so i was thinking either a 3 or 4 foot tank would do the job nicely as a quarantine/hospital tank

my tank is 4ft long and only 39UK gal.
inless ive calculated wrong and it is a 55 :look:

Depends on height and depth as to gallonage (is that a real word? *lol*)

Yup, I'd say it would do for a temp hospital tank, as long as he's got room to turn around with ease depth (front to back) wise. :)

Hospital tank?!

I keep my Oscar in a 4' tank!

Are requirements for Oscars getting higher, or what?!

Minimum tank size for a lone oscar is 75g, bigger preferably.

Wish I could use a 4' for a hospital tank lol. Should be fine.

:good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back