3D Background - How To Attach To An Established Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yhaneef

Reaction score
Hey guys

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can attach 3d background to an establish tanks. When putting The backgrounds in the water they don't stay down and want to float.

I don't have a lip on top of my tank to put wedge the background.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hope you find an answer. I have been wanting to make a 3d background for some time but can't figure out what to do with my fish and plants when it comes to installing. That can take a couple weeks of rinsing and time for the silicone to cure.

There are two part epoxy putties you can get that will set underwater; salties use them for fixing down things in marine tanks.

I still think it's better to strip the tank bare and empty it. The fish can be housed in large plastic storage boxes while you do it; it's only for out viewing convenience we keep them in glass tanks.

BPB; do you need the extra rinsing time because you'll be using cement? Because that can be cured and rinsed in a water butt or old tin bath or something, you don't have to do it in the tank. Although you could keep the fish in the storage box almost indefinitely once you've got the filter and heater running in it if you need to do it in tank for some reason.

There is a silicon which you can buy for outside ponds which is black in colour and it can be used underwater and it is perfectly safe to use it on your fish tank even with your fish still in there.
I have used it myself to stick a Juwel filter back onto the back of one of my tanks and it was brilliant and stuck the filter back on with ease so it should be ideal to stick your background on :D

Wow, I haven't heard of that before, eel! That's genius!

Thank eel, do you know what the name of the silicon is and where I could get it from.

Thanks

Thanks eel, do you know what the name of the silicon is and where I can i get it from?

Thank eel, do you know what the name of the silicon is and where I could get it from.

Thanks

Thanks eel, do you know what the name of the silicon is and where I can i get it from?

I can't remember the name of it but I purchased it from Maidenhead Aquatics and it cost approx £12 for a small one which will be plenty to do your background and you will find it around with the outside pond section I would imagine one of the staff will be able to find it for you.
It came in a solid tube like the ones that silicon would come in, which you use to seal around windows if you know what I mean

geocel aquaria sealant :)

you'll need a sealant gun as well which u can get from any hardware store.

Adheseal. will do the trick. google adheseal. theres a video too. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back