36 Gallon Stocking

Kingfish12

Reaction score
I have a 36 gallon aquarium with two angels, one dwarf albino Bircher, one coolie loach and three rainbow. please help me stock my tank looking for oddities

thanks sincerely

kingfish12

Kingfish12 said:
I have a 36 gallon aquarium with two angels, one dwarf albino Bircher, one coolie loach and three rainbow. please help me stock my tank looking for oddities

thanks sincerely

kingfish12

Why look for oddities? Anyways welcome. I would watch out for those angels once they mature. And the bichir too. Rainbows should be kept in groups of 5+. 

DerpPH said:

Why look for oddities?

This is the predatory fish section... he wouldn't be here if he wanted a guppy
laugh.png

Personally I would get rid of your rainbow fish as most get too big for a 36 gallon, speaking of which what are your tank dimensions? I would also either get rid of your loach or get at least another 4 to keep it company.
If it were my tank I would stock it like this:
-2 Angelfish
-1 Dwarf albino bichir (which I'm unfamiliar with, how big do they get?)
-2 African Butterfly Fish or golden wonder killifish
-6 shoaling fish (possibly your rainbows if they are a smaller species.)
If you were willing to start your tank from scratch then that would open up a lot of opportunities too such as a pair of rainbow snakeheads.

Agree with above - I am also scepatacle of the dwarf bichir - its either not a bichir or its not a dwarf... the smallest species gets to about a foot and nice and thick. Not suitable for this tank.

I like Wrightys stock idea but I wouldnt mix the Butterfly Fish and the Angels as they inhabit the same area of the tank and are both big fish so could clash in needs of territory - Im not sure which I would choose though its down to you :)

Wills

Bumblebee gobies! Oddballs that can live in those size tanks but can be eaten by bichirs

i would get more loaches as they like to stay in groups of 3 or more. And wouldnt the birchir eat the loaches?

what is a dwarf bichir? I have never heard of a dwarf and have kept a few bichir in my time

db hows d flowerhorn doing man? you still got it? love 2 see some new pics mate... of topic i know sorry

Not got him or the tank anymore mate. Sold the tank and flowerhorn to 2 separate buyers. I took a change in hobby and now keep lizards instead, leopard geckos to be precise... although i do regret selling up now and a new tank may be on the cards very soon :)

I had a 5ft 125 gallon with the flowerhorn so what ever tank i get will be bigger than that... atm im thinking 6x2x2 but may go bigger. I have the room for it wo dont see why not. Decisions hey :)

I used to keep a few reptiles interesting little things. Due to change in circumstances I had to shut down my 5ft and lost all my fish... Was gutting. But now am ready to get it set back up and re-fill it with new stock. How exciting lol

Don't get 2 African butterfly's they are extremely aggressive to each other, I would recommend just getting one and that being your sole top dweller. Butterfly is all you really need on top they are beautiful fish but a lot of the time they wont eat premade food and you have to feed them live crickets which is neat to watch but you don't want to deal with that possibilities then look for a different top dweller. Your albino birchir should be your only bottom and 3 angels for mid. you could also get a phantom pleco if you want something for algae.

josh_g said:
I used to keep a few reptiles interesting little things. Due to change in circumstances I had to shut down my 5ft and lost all my fish... Was gutting. But now am ready to get it set back up and re-fill it with new stock. How exciting lol
Never good losing any stock is it but at least your ready to start back up :) good luck. What you looking to stock this time around?

think am gunna go with a small group of channa aurantimaculata and try to get a breedin pair. kept these awhile ago awesome fish :)

Most reactions

trending

Back