330L Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If not then B&Q or Wickes sell it. You can paint the end black also so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

And i have enjoyed watching its transformation very much! :)

How many bags are you buying? It would be cheaper if you bought it in the 25kg bags. I would say you're going to need about 35-40kg :unsure:

kl okay initially i was going to get 2 x 12.5kg bags as there the biggest on that site il look for a 25kg bag online if they exist and try to get 35 to 40kg if we have some left over its not a problem :D

Hi Minnnt, don't know if you already have found out, but I am sure that you can get 25kg in the unipac stuff as TGM are advertising that size for some of the sands they do from Unipac.
good.gif

Haha yes I did not and I did get 2 x 25kg bags :) from lfs for £20

Right taken the lid away and redone a few parts and in the process of painting it :) love that smell of paint :p only going to do the primer today but I shall post pictures later :)

Also could not find any polystyrene from b and q other than the list insulation that's 40mm thick but the did do carpet blocks fur £4 each so got 3 of them to put under tank

Also got my green low fertiliser, the external heater that j decided to go for and extra tubing for my filter :D

Right taken the lid away and redone a few parts and in the process of painting it :) love that smell of paint :p only going to do the primer today but I shall post pictures later :)

Also could not find any polystyrene from b and q other than the list insulation that's 40mm thick but the did do carpet blocks fur £4 each so got 3 of them to put under tank

Also got my green low fertiliser, the external heater that j decided to go for and extra tubing for my filter :D

My local fish shop sells the polystyrene squares especially for tanks to sit on. Have you asked there?

Kl thnx I asked them and they said they don't do them :( so I went to b and q and bought some floor file carpet was perfect size :D 3 of them for £9 was enough fish went in last night and are still alive this morning had a few temp problems but all sorted now :) will post pics when the light comes on in a few hours time :D

Okay Picture Time :D

okay going to let the fish settle in for this week and then i shall start re stocking going to reserve 6 torpedo's this weekend and possible 6 cores and possibly a plec but only picking up 3 at a time each week so not to overload the bacteria in the filter, i decided to keep my old media in the new filter and if i do have a problem i can just pop that media out into the old filter use as a medical tank :),

i have both an internal and external heater don't trust the external heater just yet so using the internal to tell me what the water temp is :) i did notice the external took allot longer to heat the water than the internal dose so anyone looking at getting one be careful :) i left it over night usually this is enough for my internal but the external was still like 20 so upped it to say 30 and it did go 30 don't worry no fish was in at this time :) lol, once i get my second filter and i think i shall go with a second external heater too i will remove the internal heater :), i look to cover the filter intakes with plants

the lid is being painted going to take a few weeks so mean while i have bodged one light onto the top so i can see the fish during the day :)

for plants i shall wait till the lid is complete and on till i get plants

my fish so far seem to love the new tank :) thank you all that have given advice and continue to give a dive :)

6e10b528.jpg

66bba132.jpg

38f356d2.jpg

0f418b04.jpg

a40d0df5.jpg

83955047.jpg

acbd911b.jpg

ad8c971f.jpg

for more pictures please visit the album :)
http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g335/Zikofski/330L%20Journal%20Pictures/

That looks really nice mate, the wood is perfect, would look nice with a black background.

Good to see some carpet under it, that would certainly give me peace of mind.

That looks really nice mate, the wood is perfect, would look nice with a black background.

Good to see some carpet under it, that would certainly give me peace of mind.

aah kl thnx :) glad your mind is at ease lol,

yes i really want to get a black back ground but i don't know how to get it on now the tank is in place XD there is like half an inch behind the tank just enough for the filters pipes and i can't move it lol would sticking it inside work but then how do i get it to stick to the glass?

should have painted it with black gloss before you filled it back up again :) I did mine the other week when i was doing a water change, managed to pull the cabinet out with 50% water in it. :)

If you have a background you kinda have to put some oil between it and the glass, olive oil works, you could also use some black tape alone the top to hold the weight.

I said it would give me peace of mind, if i were you, but im not and i dont have to worry about it ;)

Aah ok ye I was thinking the silicon sealent a small need along the top and ye olive oil across the rest I can try that with a water change :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back