330L Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i think it would be fine. its been dead a year :good: and its a semi hard wood so it will take awhile to rot
personally i cant see why it wouldn't be fine. long if its not pine i think there fine (pine sap contains toxins)

It looks great! :good: It should add a great deal to the decor. Now you just have to figure out what else to put in there. :hey:

i know :'( give me a headache thinking about LOL possibilities are endless :)

i think it would be fine. its been dead a year :good: and its a semi hard wood so it will take awhile to rot
personally i cant see why it wouldn't be fine. long if its not pine i think there fine (pine sap contains toxins)

okay thnx i am pretty sure it was not pine its got bark like birch but darker but the spines did worry me a little and ye dead a year can't w8 to see it under the water :D

okay thnx i am pretty sure it was not pine its got bark like birch but darker but the spines did worry me a little and ye dead a year can't w8 to see it under the water :D
its not pine, i mentioned it because its the only one iv heard of releasing toxins. i cant wait to see it underwater as well :good: i dont think you will have a problem sinking it. hawthorns quite heavy :good:

aah kl sos miss understanding there :D

thnx egale it is a gd headache :D

I've just spent 4 hours stripping a piece of beech. I normally use a peeler, and then a knife for any tricky parts, works great!

I've just spent 4 hours stripping a piece of beech. I normally use a peeler, and then a knife for any tricky parts, works great!

nice :) ye i was using a nice t first 4 hours geez worth it tho i guess :D

If it has spikes around an inch long and the bark was dence with plenty of channeling in it then it would most likely be hawthorn. Things like lIchen and other fungi will wash off pretty easy but be aware that insects like to hide in bark that is peeling away from the wood. So would be a very good idea to get all the bark off. Just as a precaution. Tak will look awsome.

okay thank you all :) i have decided on the sand i want to get, i shall get this

Unipac Limpopo Black Aquarium Sand 12.5kg

i know its expensive that play sand but hey it looks gd :D

i have also done some thinking and going to go with plants BUT i don't want Co2 systems i have a post here, there you will find all the details and why i don't want co2 and stuff :X please take a look and tell me what you think.

the wood is still sitting in the tank have not done anything i shall continue more work on that i think Wednesday/Thursday

and i have had more thought on the fish to get for stocking the tank along with current stocking going to try and raise the torpedo found to 7/8 and i was recommended looking at Pictus Carfish i have also got a post here for more info please look at post :D

thank you all stay tuned for more info :D

How many bags are you buying? It would be cheaper if you bought it in the 25kg bags. I would say you're going to need about 35-40kg :unsure:

How many bags are you buying? It would be cheaper if you bought it in the 25kg bags. I would say you're going to need about 35-40kg :unsure:

kl okay initially i was going to get 2 x 12.5kg bags as there the biggest on that site il look for a 25kg bag online if they exist and try to get 35 to 40kg if we have some left over its not a problem :D

Well... i used 25kg in my 3ft tank... :lol:

I paid £20 for 25kg from my lfs. I have replied to your other threads too...

Well... i used 25kg in my 3ft tank... :lol:

I paid £20 for 25kg from my lfs. I have replied to your other threads too...

cheers :) read and replied :D lol okay I'm going to a few lfs today to see what they have on offer :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back