30 Plecos Under 8 Inches

Does the rubber nose need asand substrate or will it be ok on gravel? also the L204 will tht eat my bog wood? or can i get another type of wood to save my bog wood?
cheers
Greg

Thanks for the list, very useful. I'm looking at adding a 2 or 3 small plecs to my new tank which I will be setting up soon. Can anyone recommend a book on plecs?

Im assuming the sizes stated are the MAX size the Pleco will reach!?

Are there any online stores people would recommend to buy any of these Plecos? Or is ebay the way to go (seen a few expensive ones on there).

Getting a 35L tank and i love Plecos, so i want one, but obviously one that wont grow too big - dont want to have to give it away/sell it on.

will a tiger pleco, candy striped pleco, and a king tiger pleco eat my bogwood?

Thats a huge help! Thanks!!
I was looking for something not too big for my cummunity tank so that has helped loads! :)
I expected to see the blue phantom there. Might it go by any other name? If have I been mislead in thinking its a small variety?

Thanks

Lis
x

I was looking for something not too big for my cummunity tank so that has helped loads! :)
I expected to see the blue phantom there. Might it go by any other name? If have I been mislead in thinking its a small variety?

Thanks

Lis
x

Your right - it would fit nicely into the under 8" catagory ;)

Thanks

Lis
x

Your right - it would fit nicely into the under 8" catagory ;)

Ooh I say, I seem to be getting the hang of this! :):):)

inspired by this list and the issue of small plecos i started another list on the wiki site i work on. and have found a couple, (although probably not easily found in stores), of others that can be classed in this list including Peckoltia braueri (4"-5" max).

great list it will help a great deal and youve saved me loads of time thanx again

We have had a pleco for about 4 years and he has grown and grown from about 2" to around 12/13" in that time. We bought a larger tank because he used to kick all the gravel and plants around but was okay with all the other fish. However his behaviour was no better in the larger tank, he uprooted everything. We have now had to put him in a tank on his own. Any ideas on what to do with him?

We have had a pleco for about 4 years and he has grown and grown from about 2" to around 12/13" in that time. We bought a larger tank because he used to kick all the gravel and plants around but was okay with all the other fish. However his behaviour was no better in the larger tank, he uprooted everything. We have now had to put him in a tank on his own. Any ideas on what to do with him?
What size tank did/do you have him in? If you want to part company with him then you may find a home for him in the buy sell and swap section. If you don't want to part company with him then I'm not entirely sure what you can do to help modify his behaviour. How about starting a new thread with the question in the title, more people will see it that way. :good:

dont no what mine is but he is a gig fella just got him today i did see a bigger on in the shop but i did think he was to big for my tank and thats 4ft

Most reactions

trending

Back