220l tank stocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Apollo the betta

Reaction score
Hi guys
I’m looking to get angelfish for my 220l tank and was wondering if they would harm my other fish I have guppies
Honey guramis
Wood shrimp
Rummy nose
Neon dwarf rainbow fish
Mollies
Rusty pleco
Any advice appreciated

Welcome to TFF.

It would be helpful to know how many of the other species you have in this tank. Also, what are the dimensions of the tank?

2 guramis
5 guppies
2 wood shrimp
4 rummy nose
3 neon dwarf rainbow fish
1 rusty pleco
3 mollies

Dimensions
Length is 100cm
Depth is 40cm
Height is 45cm

Last edited:
Thanks. There is not sufficient space for angelfish, and you have other issues that need to be resolved.

Rainbowfish and tetras are shoaling species that live in large groups, and in an aquarium they must be in a group of their own species. Six is often cited as absolute minimum for shoaling fish, but some species need more. Ruymmynose tetra is one of these; a group of 9 or more in total is best. The dwarf neon rainbowfish should have no less than six, more being better, and two female to each male to avoid harassment.

We need to know the gourami species; some can be very aggressive.

Mollies need harder water than the other fish mentioned, so knowing the GH and pH will help. Rummynose do not do well in hard water, so depending what the GH is there might be something to deal with.

Ok thanks
They are honey guramis

OK. Increase the dwarf rainbows and rummynose if you add fish, as these need more as I pointed out. But the water parameters are still unknown and if the water is on the hard side thee rummys will not do well long-term. Mollies will have real problems in soft water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back