20gallon Journal - Updated Daily - Indir

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yeah went through a fair bit of the posts there, but no australian pages hehe. Plus parents probably wouldnt want me getting stuff delivered lol. Ill just have to ask LFS to special order :p

At the moment im thinking of java ferns and java moss only, they seem to be extremely easy to care for. I was going to get Fanwort, but apparently its a plant that takes over lol.

Regards,
Indir

Hmm would hairgrass be okay in the tank? Since i dont have any fertilizer in the gravel or any co2 stuff... which most plants need i think..?

Also is difference in hairgrass and dwarf hair grass? my LFS sell hairgrass but "dwarf" isnt in the name lol

Regards,
Indir

Ok here is a water update approximately 48 hours after previous test:
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 40
Going to be doing a ~50% water change with gravel vac tomorrow to get the nitrates back down.

Anyone know if there is a difference in dwarf hairgrass and hairgrass (i think LFS sells dwarf hair grass but is labeled as hairgrass only)

Regards,
Indir

Hehe yeah thought so :) Figured it was worth asking here hehe

Anyone know where those bubbles could have come from? :\

Regards,
Indir

Water update:
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0

Still all going solid which is great.

Only problem im still worried about is the bubbles that wont go away lol.

Also how important is an air stone/curtain? Pump isnt powerful enough for the one i have now, and i dont wanna buy a new pump really unless necessary. So how important is it?

Regards,
Indir

Okay cool, then thats sorted. Gonna get get some tall plants to go along the back of the tank. Still not sure on what to get lol. LFS suck with plants :D

Any suggestions for a background plant?

Regards,
Indir

Im in australia so ill just have to find australian online stores or just LFS's lol.

Any other plants for the other parts of the tank?

Regards,
Indir

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back