180l Stocking Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Joemuz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Im gettin my new Juwel Rio 180 next week and i was wondering what to put in it?
It will already have

1 Sailfin pleco 6"
1 Clown pleco 2"
1 Black ghost knife fish 6"

I was hoping to maybe get a discus and lots of black neon tetra.
What are your ideas?
By the way it will be a heavily planted tank.
Thanks, Joemuz

Discus will be a no-no really unless you are going to get rid of pretty much everything else in the tank!!! Discus require warmer water than most tropicals and are usually better suited to a species tank.

The tetras should be fine, have you considered angelfish and/or maybe a school of Corys to keep your plecs company. :good: :good:

The plecs you have are both pretty peaceful although you may not see that much of the clown.

You have given me an idea though, I have been thinking about what to add to my Rio 180 after finally re-aquascaping today, and had never though of Black Knife fish. Thanks!!!!

Keep us informed what you go for.

Discus will be a no-no really unless you are going to get rid of pretty much everything else in the tank!!! Discus require warmer water than most tropicals and are usually better suited to a species tank.

The tetras should be fine, have you considered angelfish and/or maybe a school of Corys to keep your plecs company. :good: :good:

The plecs you have are both pretty peaceful although you may not see that much of the clown.

You have given me an idea though, I have been thinking about what to add to my Rio 180 after finally re-aquascaping today, and had never though of Black Knife fish. Thanks!!!!

Keep us informed what you go for.

Already have 1 Caudimaculatus corydoras, he was £10. This isnt him but he is the same type
caudimaculatus2.jpg

The Black ghost knifes are about £8 when 3" long but are wicked little fellas, mine is amzing, he is such a character and they are easily tamed. Mine is hand fed every night as he just loves me. :wub: (not supprising) lol jokin

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back