125G Oscar Tank Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
Well, as some of people know, I acquired a few rescue fish that came with a tank I bought. A 47g with 2 Oscars and 2 Jack Dempseys. I had plans on rehoming them but well, they grew on me, and now I feel like my Oscars are little aquatic pups that have really gotten attached to me. Their behavior towards me is just simply adorable. I ended up rehoming some of my stock and moved the Oscars into a 75g as a temporary holding area. Then the Jack Dempseys spawned (didnt know they were a pair!!!) and started attacking the Oscars :( So we bought the Oscars a present. A 125g tank for them and their Synodontis friends!! Other tank mates will be 2 Severums. (I know its a little crowded but its temporary and the Oscars and Severums are NO WHERE NEAR adult size lol)

DSCN4010.jpg

DSCN4011.jpg

4x2x2

And thankyou everyone for the kind comments, unfortunately, my paycheck doesnt allow for me to disburse presents of this magnitude to everyone lol

once you move them on to a bigger tank in the future, you should fill that tank up with like 500 microrasboras

just cause it would be cool

How big are your severums now? Are they the same ones you kept with the jewel back in the day? aren't the oscars already a good 8 inches or something?

The sevs I have are pushing 4 inches, but my Oscars are kittens. My 3 inch JD female beats them up. 125g is the oscars permanant home. The severums will be there until i can aquire another 100g tank

I'm slowly getting rid of all my smaller tanks (minus the betta tanks) as i love large sa cichlids. I want all of my pair to be in 75g plus

I'm slowly getting rid of all my smaller tanks (minus the betta tanks) as i love large sa cichlids. I want all of my pair to be in 75g plus
which of your fishes are bigger, the JD's or the GT's? which are the biggest of the bundle?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back