10g stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Feesh404

Reaction score
Im new to this website, and have been into this hobby for about 4-5 good months now! I have a 20g tank with 7 young tiger barbs.

But now I'm cycling a 10 gallon and wanted platies and guppies (both species male) in the same tank. On fishlore i was advised to 2 platies 3 guppies. Is this okay?

It would probably be alright, if they are all male.
I personally wouldn't keep platties in a 10gal, but guppies would be good. 6 or so males would get on perfectly in a well planted (fake or real) 10gal. Throw in some nerite snails or a mystery snail, then you're all set :)

For me such a tank is too small for platies. If you get 2, chances are high that one will dominate the other one and harass it throughout the tank.

Welcome to TFF. :hi:

I am going to add my agreement with the last two members re the platies. Guppies, or Endlers, if you have moderately hard or harder water. If you have softer water, there are several other "nano" type fish that could be nice in a 10g. Knowing the GH and pH of your source water can help us suggest these.

Byron.

I have 4 harlequin rasboras and 9 neon tetras , a nerlite snail and a couple of cherry shrimp in 10 gallon tank... small fish equals low bioload.... I have a fair number of plants to take up any excess nitrates... works for me

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back