1000 Us Gal Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This is Going to be Amazing, can't wait to see the pix of the tank in with the stocking.

bit slow this weekend

but got most of the base and electrics finished

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 255
that looks awesome! nice work man, have you got helpers??

coming along now isn't it!

when you said about the stand clashing with the wiers did you meen the pipes coming from the wiers?
i take it you sorted it out!!
so the sump will just sit right in the middle of the block legs?
can't wait to see the glass tanks in there, get a better idea of the set up and scale of it! i work a lot with the concrete blocks so get a good idea of size looking at that picture but will look big once the glass is in!
making me a bit jealous now, i want one! only problem is my gardens about the same size as your shed!

right i have been in hospital for a few day but its weekend now so should have some more updates soon

Sorry to hear that, you doing ok now?

I can't wait to see the tank pics, this looks incredible. Thanks for sharing! :)

coming along now isn't it!

when you said about the stand clashing with the wiers did you meen the pipes coming from the wiers?
i take it you sorted it out!!
so the sump will just sit right in the middle of the block legs?
can't wait to see the glass tanks in there, get a better idea of the set up and scale of it! i work a lot with the concrete blocks so get a good idea of size looking at that picture but will look big once the glass is in!
making me a bit jealous now, i want one! only problem is my gardens about the same size as your shed!

sump will sit in the middle of the 2 fron pillers with a steel frame to bridge of the top of it

sump size has now changed it will be 70x30wide x 24 tall

i have put the tank build back a week so it wont be this wens but next wens now

well better to take more time then go ahead not knowing if its right or not.
didn't you already have the 6x2x2 sump already??
was that just to compensate for the blocks taking up more room?
so is there just going to be 1 wier at the back and the return coming in on the opposite side?

well better to take more time then go ahead not knowing if its right or not.
didn't you already have the 6x2x2 sump already??
was that just to compensate for the blocks taking up more room?
so is there just going to be 1 wier at the back and the return coming in on the opposite side?

2 weirs one at each side in the middle of the 6ft width/front to back thats why you see the open run up the middle to give space for the pipes 2 x 40mm drain pipes in each weir and 4 x 27/34mm return pipes 2 in each weir

in each weir you will have 2 x drains 40mm each and 2 x return pipes which will return back up the weir and exit at the tops

my lince cat is in the UK

thanks cane for sorting it

BUT they dont travel that well due to the large size they are imported at

i was told that 50% are DOA

its not in my tank yet and wont be until the new tank is up and running

stunning catfish, hope it all works out great!

what are you doing about the filter, you going to put all the existing media from your filters into the new sump to give it a kick start?

stunning catfish, hope it all works out great!

what are you doing about the filter, you going to put all the existing media from your filters into the new sump to give it a kick start?

yeah my old filters have 50l of media so i will use that and some more i have

and im going to kick the tank to get started with seachem stabilaty

good stuff!
how big has the lince come in at? would love one of the big cats but i still feel my tank isn't big enough for them full size so won't yet, well its long enough, just not wide enough!
can't wait until im in the position i can build a monster size tank!

good stuff!
how big has the lince come in at? would love one of the big cats but i still feel my tank isn't big enough for them full size so won't yet, well its long enough, just not wide enough!
can't wait until im in the position i can build a monster size tank!

a lince cat will max out at around 30inch but they need lots of swimming space as they are always on the move like a shark which is what has held me back buying one in the past

the smallest i have ever seen a lince imported at is 12inch for some reason you never see them smaller

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back