1000 Us Gal Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this is a great project!!! cannot wait to see this completed and up and running!!!! keep the gud work up mate

the hut should be up today if they can get it throw the house they have to take a few panels throw the house

good stuff, once the hut is up things can start happening, you going to put all the insulation etc in yourself? easy enough.
i take it the tank will be built inside the shed? is the lighting just going to be one light to light up the whole shed or a separate one to light the tank?

good stuff, once the hut is up things can start happening, you going to put all the insulation etc in yourself? easy enough.
i take it the tank will be built inside the shed? is the lighting just going to be one light to light up the whole shed or a separate one to light the tank?

i have 1 x 6ft hanging light which will be in the centre then i will have 2 x 5ft arowana lights 1 running up each side front to back

then a few spot lights over at the sofa end

going up

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 260
brilliant stuff, you don't mess about do ya!
like me, once i set my mind to it you have to get it done, if it wasn't for a lack of cash id have all sorts done! ha
what you gonna do sandwich insulation between the actual shed walls and inner wall sheets of wood or something? and hide all the wires between the 2 skins?
i think im correct in saying its the roof that needs the most insulation, given that heat rises, so a good circulation of air within the shed would help reduce the amount of heat which escapes. thought about all this last year when i was planning on building mine!

that is one top notch shed!! did you design it yourself?!?! when i built one it was lopsided lol!! it looks real good either way mate, gotta show us the inners!! i wanna see how the insultation go's in and every thing :hyper: :good:

if you look at the picture the side without the window

that side will have the tank which will over hang the door so when you open that door it will expose all the UVs and HMA filter

Wow that is comming along real good, do you have the tank yet and how will you get it in, sorry didn't read all of the posts.
The people in the house a bit up ahead will probably think, oh they have built a huge shed for their garden equipment but will never expect a Huge 8th tank full of monster fish in there lol. I'm telling you now all the fish you buy are going to love it in there :p
My relative has also already started his huge tank plan aswell. Quite similar size to yours, 8ft length x 8ft back to front x 5ft height, and still thinking but is going to make it marine. He has extended his house where you will be able to see the tank in his kitchen, all pipe works and tank is there. To be honest with you to even have freshwater tank running at that size in my opinion you must be doing really well.

Hope Inshallah it all works out for you :thumbs:

tank is getting made on site on the 10th feb then it will take 2 weeks to cure

so end of feb hopefully

Most reactions

trending

Back