1000 Us Gal Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

so the overflow from the sump will just run straight into a central drain and down the sewer?
hope your not on a water metre! sounds good, what does the hma filter do differently to an ro filter?
looking to do something similar in the future so i'll be watching carefully!

no water meter :lol:

with a RO unit you need to add stuff back in to get all the mineral right you also get waste water

with a HMA its good water with no nasties that come out with the tap so no need to add tap water conditioners

so its sort of similar to dechlorinated water to an extent? so all nutrients and trace elements are still present but everything harmful is taken out, whats the price of them as opposed to ro filters, definitely going to look into these!

hope all goes well mate!
you just sealing the concrete with normal concrete sealer or will you have to get like non harmful stuff incase of evaporation and stuff? i should think theres more things to this than most people think!

this is the HMA filter i got

with enough carriages for 1.5 years came to £99 delivered

http://collinswaterproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=183&osCsid=338948a8eddca88b9d279e5fdc9a25aa

i putting 3 x dehumidify fans on so that will be sorted

the hut will be warm at all times with a green house heater as they are cheaper to run

I'm putting the juwel background on 3 sides of the tank as that will also give more insulation

im hoping to have the whole thing finished and fish in by the end of feb

and then pictures :D

At first i thought it was as simple as putting the tank in the shed add some filtration and job done, but obviouslynot :)

Seems alot of thought has gone into this, is the shed going to be brick and insulated ?

can't wait to see then end product.

the shed will be wood then insulation then more wood on the inside

if it was brick you would need planning permission as it so close to the house a wooden shed doesn't need any planning permission as long as its not 2 stories

well technically multiple wooden skins layered with insulation is a better insulator than single skin insulated blocks which most use so i wouldn't say using wood is a downside!, if one day you need to drill a hole for another pipe/wire it will be easier, easier to repair, easy to maintain. unless it was going to be a very large sized shed, using blocks wouldn't make it any better really.
its going to be an interesting build, can't wait to see some vertical progression!!

This one is going to be fun to watch.

Interesting username T1KARMANN, what year is your Ghia?

Very nice T1 I was wondering what you were up to since I've been back on here! Now I see can't wait to se it up and running! :good:

This one is going to be fun to watch.

Interesting username T1KARMANN, what year is your Ghia?

close T1 = VW Beetle karmann = covertable

Picture177.jpg

are you gonna still be running the tank in your house too ?

Maybe as a quarantine tank or nursery of some sort ?

im a 1 tank man so the tank in my house is sold

the next big update will be wens when the shed goes up

looking forward to seeing this should be superb and it will be interesting to see if you see better growth from your fish with the large volume and high turnover

id be interested to see if the volume affects the fish aswel, as i have noticed quite a considerable increase in growth rate in a lot of the fish i transfered from the 4 foot into the 7 foot tank, it would definitely be something to think about, and maybe document.

close T1 = VW Beetle karmann = covertable

The tank will be great. But that is a fine looking beetle. Would love one one day when i have room for a second car + the missus car. V. nice.

Squid

if it was me, i would drive it around wearing a dodgy moustasche and a nazi helmet.

the hitler mobile. would be worth it just for the look you get. :lol:

but just casually nod at people.

Most reactions

trending

Back