Photo

Twisted Vallis Gone Mad

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Iheartfish

Iheartfish

• 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hey I have a giant straight vallis and a twisted vallis. The giant vallis I noticed has started to grow shoots for the baby plants (sorry for un-technical language) which worries me slightly, as the twisted vallis has gone crazy growing loads of baby plants everywhere. I am going to do a bit of an overhaul with the plants in my tank. I have a java fern on lava rock that ill most likely keep, but I have these crazy vallis plants, and two other plants I consider insignificant and rather boring, so have no idea/interest in what theyre called. I bought some plant weight things you bend around the plants, so i think I might make a day of it soon and separate them all. Would anyone like any twisted vallis young plants in the near future? Seems a waste to throw them out :sad:

#2 i3lade4life

i3lade4life

Fish Fanatic

• 128 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

Hey I have a giant straight vallis and a twisted vallis. The giant vallis I noticed has started to grow shoots for the baby plants (sorry for un-technical language) which worries me slightly, as the twisted vallis has gone crazy growing loads of baby plants everywhere. I am going to do a bit of an overhaul with the plants in my tank. I have a java fern on lava rock that ill most likely keep, but I have these crazy vallis plants, and two other plants I consider insignificant and rather boring, so have no idea/interest in what theyre called. I bought some plant weight things you bend around the plants, so i think I might make a day of it soon and separate them all. Would anyone like any twisted vallis young plants in the near future? Seems a waste to throw them out :sad:

How much are you asking plus delivery?

#3 Littlemonkey

Littlemonkey

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

I would be interested aswell

#4 InsaneHOH

InsaneHOH

Fish Crazy

• 279 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

Stick my name down please! :D

#5 tonyp5467

tonyp5467

Fishaholic

• 458 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

price for some posted to sheffield please unless your close enough for me to collect

#6 Iheartfish

Iheartfish

• 55 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

I have roughly 15, maybe more. How many would each of you want. I'll do them pretty cheap. Originally mother plant cost me 3.25 from pets at home. So how does 50p sound per plant? They are on average 15cm tall at the mo, but grow incredibly fast! How does one post an aquatic plant? Any tips would be helpful :unsure: will post as cheap as possible, but can't price p&p until I figure out how they're being posted lol! By the way in case any of you were unsure, it's the twisted vallis that's sprouted everywhere, but giant straight vallis is starting to 'reproduce'?? Will let you know when that happens if any of you want some, as prob won't be until the new year ish.. I live in south Devon if anyone wants to collect (I work full time)

Edited by Iheartfish, 03 December 2010 - 12:05 AM.

#7 Littlemonkey

Littlemonkey

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:09 AM

Please PM me when your ready. It's probably far too Cold to post and with the delays to the post the plants probably wouldn't survive. Hopefully somebody who has posted plants before will help you out. I've only ever posted out Apple Snails. :good:

#8 tonyp5467

tonyp5467

Fishaholic

• 458 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

when i post plants i wrap them in wet kitchen roll and then pop them inside a zip top sandwich/freezer bag then place the bag into a jiffy envelope and post 1st class (usually around 1)

#9 Monty-2010

Monty-2010

Fishaholic

• 698 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

Tip on posting: Wrap them in wet kitchen towels, then pop them in a freezer bag and seal it's air tight, wrap them in some card and stick in a jiffy bag.

#10 Iheartfish

Iheartfish

• 55 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

I think I'm gonna leave it until after Xmas as I want them to arrive without delays, plus I'm gonna need to purchase packaging materials. Watch this space... So just so I know, do any of you want to purchase more than one? And if so, in what quantity? Helps me figure out packaging sizes. Thanks :-)

#11 pinkspider

pinkspider

• 47 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Definitley count me in for 2 or 3 please :) got a new 6ft setup which will be in need of plants after Xmas!

#12 Azrael

Azrael

• 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

I'll take two please.

#13 Iheartfish

Iheartfish

• 55 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:23 PM

Ok well what I have done is separated the saplings from the mother plant, so after Xmas and once I've got packaging I'll let you know. Thanks guys :good:

#14 elisew

elisew

I don`t count sheep to get to sleep, I count fish

• Pip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

If you have enough when the time comes I`d like to add my name to the list of those interested please.

I`d ideally like quite a few for my new setup if it will be possible :)

#15 flix_cw

flix_cw

Fishaholic

• 457 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

definitely interested in a few bunches in the new year!

#16 Phishy25

Phishy25

Fish Crazy

• 230 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Please add me to your list if you have any left! Whereabouts in Devon are you?

#17 Kizz

Kizz

Fish Addict

• Pet Of The Month Winner
  • 812 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

If you could add me to list aswell .I'd be willing to spend around 5 including postage if you have enough "babies" to go round everyone

Kizz
:D

#18 markp2067

markp2067

Fish Fanatic

• 86 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Assuming this is still on i would like a couple of bunches too please. Paypal is ready loaded, lol

Edited by markp2067, 18 February 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#19 Big_P

Big_P

• 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

how much we talking for a couple of bunches posted then? :hey:

#20 flix_cw

flix_cw

Fishaholic

• 457 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

How is you vallis getting on? Will you have portions for sale anytime soon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users