Photo

Orange Bettas

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 fishnewbie77

fishnewbie77

• 18 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Does anyone know where I might procure an Orange Betta fish? We don't have many places where I live that sell fish, only Petco. I would absolutely love to get an orange one but it seems whenever I find someone with one for sale, the shipping cost is exorbitant.

#2 wilsonnw8

wilsonnw8

Fish Addict

• 792 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Does anyone know where I might procure an Orange Betta fish? We don't have many places where I live that sell fish, only Petco. I would absolutely love to get an orange one but it seems whenever I find someone with one for sale, the shipping cost is exorbitant.

Where are you located? Im guessing USA?

#3 squiremaster

squiremaster

Fishaholic

• 443 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

actually its possible to find one anywhere. If you want a better chance on finding it, then go to a store with a big selection of Bettas

#4 fishnewbie77

fishnewbie77

• 18 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

Yes, I'm located in the U.S., in Massachusetts. I guess I'll have to do some research and see if I can find any places in the area that specialize in fish, Bettas in particular.

#5 wilsonnw8

wilsonnw8

Fish Addict

• 792 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

Yes, I'm located in the U.S., in Massachusetts. I guess I'll have to do some research and see if I can find any places in the area that specialize in fish, Bettas in particular.

Aquabid?

#6 fishnewbie77

fishnewbie77

• 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:04 AM

Yes, I've heard of Aquabid. I'll have to check that out again. Thanks.

#7 modaz

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just look it.

• Pip
  • 3,633 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

Yes, I've heard of Aquabid. I'll have to check that out again. Thanks.

http://www.aquabid.c...c...
heres one to start with :good:

#8 fishnewbie77

fishnewbie77

• 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

wow, Advert for another forum removed...totally gorgeous! But how do I know what the shipping will be? I'm an ebay buyer and seller, but Aquabid is pretty new to me.

#9 bronzecat

bronzecat

Leader of the Fishes

• Pip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

Nice betta that one :good: definately OHM (over halfmoon) though :) With all that pleating wouldn't be surprised if it was RT (rosetail) :D

#10 modaz

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just look it.

• Pip
  • 3,633 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

yeah thats a nice one.

Just look into the listing more, it will give you shipping details and costs :good:

#11 bronzecat

bronzecat

Leader of the Fishes

• Pip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:42 AM

Shipping for that one is $5 to the USA, but then you have to pay the Transhipper fee and delivery within the USA. I think thats where the price goes up a fair bit.

#12 loraxchick

loraxchick

Fish Herder

• Retired Moderator
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

ive been seeing lots of orange ones lately in the chain stores around here...im in Albany NY...go have a poke around petsmart or petco.

#13 fishnewbie77

fishnewbie77

• 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:26 AM

Well, I poked around on Aquabid and I found a gorgeous orange HM male betta, 3 months old, from a seller in the U.S. It's a bit of a splurge but the shipping is reasonable enough. The only petstore we have around here that I know of which sells fish is Petco, and everytime I've looked, I've never seen an orange betta. I plan to go to petco tomorrow, as well as Walmart, to look at some new aquariums. I know I am going to need them, especially since I plan to expand my collection. I will also check out their latest Betta supply (at Petco that is, not Walmart) I would love to get a beautiful blue HM male betta. But first things first....I need to get some new homes for these new Betta! Thanks guys for all your input and suggestions. If I get this orange one, my next quest will be to get an orange female. Orange is my absolute favorite color so I can't help it :)

#14 Abmonitio

Abmonitio

• 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi, I got this new betta fish and I really love his colour so I thought I'd share it with you. I'm not an expert in betta fish, so I'm not sure if they are rare, but I do look after them in most pet stores I encounter and I've never seen an orange one before. :)

http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w443/Abmonitio/?action=view&current=DSCF0661.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1076.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fw443%2FAbmonitio%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DDSCF0651.jpg

http://s1076.photobu...nt=DSCF0661.jpg

Edited by Abmonitio, 26 January 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#15 sausagewinkle

sausagewinkle

Fish Herder

• Winner - Pet Of The Month
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

this thread is 3 years old.... im sure they wont be after a orange betta now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users