Looking For Companions To Go With Angelfish

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gazoo

Gazoo

Fish Addict

• 723 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

I'm looking for some input on fish that would be compatible with angelfish in a 55 US gallon (208 L). Something with color would be nice but nothing spazoid :hyper: like danios or pictus cats. Maybe rainbows?

#2 fishlover500

fishlover500

Fish Crazy

• 335 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:52 AM

It really depends on what your personal preferences are so it would be nice if you could tell us what characteristics you want.

#3 Gazoo

Gazoo

Fish Addict

• 723 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:15 AM

It really depends on what your personal preferences are so it would be nice if you could tell us what characteristics you want.

Next week I'm going to start volunteering some time at a convalescent & rehab center. I offered to help maintain their existing tank that currently has two common plecos. I'm thinking of getting credit for them at my LFS and starting from scratch with angelfish. I think fish with a little personality that aren't shy would be a plus.

Before I add or remove anything I plan on making sure the water is in good condition.

#4 discuslover

discuslover

• 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm looking for some input on fish that would be compatible with angelfish in a 55 US gallon (208 L). Something with color would be nice but nothing spazoid :hyper: like danios or pictus cats. Maybe rainbows?

Hya mate, i got a suggestion for you, i Keep a shoal of red rainbows with my angels they go together great and the rainbows are really bright and colourfull, swim out in open and to front of tank, they have some character, have chases and sqwabbles with each other. thats wat i would suggest to you mate.

Edited by discuslover, 06 September 2008 - 10:33 AM.

#5 bolivian_d

bolivian_d

Fish Fanatic

• 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Can you keep Bolivian Ram's with Angelfish? They aren't skitz, have personality and aren't shy.

#6 discuslover

discuslover

• 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

Bolivian. What a great suggestion, Ive got two with my angel fish they go gr8. The b.rams tend to stay at the lower levels of the tank.

#7 Gazoo

Gazoo

Fish Addict

• 723 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:31 AM

Any more suggestions out there?

#8 murphyk32

murphyk32

Fishaholic

• 561 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:50 AM

i had success with severums, and gouramis, and actually sharks, with my angels, started them off together and it worked fine. my suggestion, just keep lots of hiding spots for them. u can get a lot of color with gouramis, and as far as i know rainbows work but i dont know much about them personally. just, nothing small, angel fish will snack.

Murphy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users