Photo

Why Do My Cichlids Shiver/shake And Bounce Off Rocks?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 garybuk

garybuk

Fish Addict

• 956 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

Just wondering why they do this? the cichlids are listing below ! the blue and yellow ones! (X4)

#2 dthoffsett

dthoffsett

I'm a girl . . . yup, definitely a girl. =)

• Retired Moderator
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

Does it look like they're having an epileptic fit? :lol: That's what I've always thought, what you are seeing is normal behavior. It's generally a sign of aggression or a breeding dance.

#3 garybuk

garybuk

Fish Addict

• 956 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

Does it look like they're having an epileptic fit? :lol: That's what I've always thought, what you are seeing is normal behavior. It's generally a sign of aggression or a breeding dance.

Yah it does lol
wooow hopefully breeding!! im hopeing they will breed!!! do they cross breed :S yellow labs with my Pseudotropheus blue ???

Edited by garybuk, 02 January 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#4 dthoffsett

dthoffsett

• Retired Moderator
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

Yah it does lol
wooow hopefully breeding!! im hopeing they will breed!!! do they cross breed :S yellow labs with my Pseudotropheus blue ???

It's a possibility, I have a female l.caeruleus that will only breed with a m.callainos despite having plenty of her own males to choose from. :rolleyes:

#5 garybuk

garybuk

Fish Addict

• 956 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

Yah it does lol

It's a possibility, I have a female l.caeruleus that will only breed with a m.callainos despite having plenty of her own males to choose from. :rolleyes:

haha kool! waiting game to see what happens!

#6 chr15_8

chr15_8

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

not just mine then lol.

its been happening for the last 2 weeks or so. the waters perfect and the fish look healthy just hope they dont catch them selves on the sharp rocks

#7 natural blue nina

natural blue nina

Fish Fanatic

• 62 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:45 PM

I bought some Apistogramma MacMasteri at the weekend - which had paired already. I noticed the boy doing this last night and was a bit worried about it..... yay to it being a good thing though!!!!

Cheers guys!

#8 stan1979

stan1979

Fish Fanatic

• 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

my cichlids were doing the exact same and rubbing off the coral sand but i thought i read somewhere it may be a sign of amonia in the tank but i checked the water stats and there was none so possibly a new maturnity tank may have to be bought soon,

stan

#9 dthoffsett

dthoffsett

• Retired Moderator
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

my cichlids were doing the exact same and rubbing off the coral sand but i thought i read somewhere it may be a sign of amonia in the tank but i checked the water stats and there was none so possibly a new maturnity tank may have to be bought soon,

stan

Occasional flicking is usually a sign of aggression rather than breeding and is perfectly normal. :good: However, continous flicking should be looked at more closely.

And chr15, don't worry about the sharp rocks, they shoudn't hurt themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users