Best Way To Feed Frozen Brine Shrimp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HurleyInferno

HurleyInferno

Fish Fanatic

• 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:59 AM

I bought some frozen brine shrimp for my bettas today to get them something a little different, but what is the best way to feed these cubes?

#2 drewry

drewry

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:01 AM

hi

all i do is put them in a net just hanging in the tank water for 5 mins then tip it in :good:

#3 Amunet

Amunet

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:55 AM

That's alot of shrimp from 1 cube though.
I feed my main tank 1 cube of frozen bshrimp each night. I just take a cup, get some tank water in it and plop the cube into the cup. Let it sit for a few mins to let it thaw and slowly pour in the shrimp around the tank.
You could try this, then take some sort of dropper.. suck up a few of the shrimp so you don't overfeed or anything and feed your bettas that way.

#4 HurleyInferno

HurleyInferno

Fish Fanatic

• 161 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:55 AM

That's alot of shrimp from 1 cube though.
I feed my main tank 1 cube of frozen bshrimp each night. I just take a cup, get some tank water in it and plop the cube into the cup. Let it sit for a few mins to let it thaw and slowly pour in the shrimp around the tank.
You could try this, then take some sort of dropper.. suck up a few of the shrimp so you don't overfeed or anything and feed your bettas that way.

i decided to put some tank water in a cup and put the cube in and then feed them with the dropper heres my question

is it inappropriate to freeze them again?

#5 Musho3210

Musho3210

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:48 AM

yes, never re-freeze and re-feed frozen food. Next time just cut up the frozen blocks into little pieces and put it in a zip-lock bag, then only take as many small blocks as you need.

#6 brooksbychris

brooksbychris

Fish Fanatic

• 79 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

just to let you know, i would always defrost the cubes and then tip them into a net to advoid adding the water that comes from the food into you tank. if you add the water you Phosphate levels will rise. a certain amount of phosphate is needed for the fish, but not to much. so just tipping the water and food in you are increasing you PO4.

chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users