What Fish Can You Put With Guppies?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 poindexter

poindexter

Fish Fanatic

• 148 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:08 PM

What kind of fish will go with about 5 guppies? I only want to get about 1 or 2 more, is there any sort of fish that thrives by itself? b/c i know many types of fish like to have a little school of friends. welllll just thought i would ask, suggestions greatly appreciated! ~dEx :thumbs:

#2 aquarius

aquarius

Fishaholic

• 653 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:16 PM

you can get any other livebearer, molly, platy, swordtail. they'll be fine by themselves

#3 MAM

MAM

Mamalammadingdong

• Retired Moderator
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:41 PM

as aquarius said.

#4 guppymonkey

guppymonkey

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

I have my guppies with neons, bronze corys, swordtails and a dwarf gourami and they all seem to be getting along fine. As long as the other fish are not huge (compared to the guppies) than they usually get along well. Though I have heard that bettas sometimes mistake guppies for other bettas and attack them.

#5 mashimaro_0000

mashimaro_0000

Fish Fanatic

• 100 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 03:05 AM

yeah, cory, neons are your best bet. actually are very cute if you have 2 around. they are very frendly to all other tankmates and they help to clean your tank.

#6 snowyangel

snowyangel

Fish Herder

• Pip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 07:56 AM

Hey dexter! As you can see i have a large variety with my guppies, but not reccomended prob' by most(even though there hasn't been a problem). But ya, as said above, my neons and glowlights and cories do fine with my guppies(once in awhile my male chases them, but not agressively). Good luck with the pickings :)

#7 Juggernaut22988

Juggernaut22988

Fish Crazy

• 388 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 01:52 AM

Hope they breed!
(I want mine to breed sooo bad!)

#8 ruffmeister

ruffmeister

Fish Crazy

• 397 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:07 PM

i got guppys platys and mollys in mine and they are all fine just remember the new fish routine thats all

#9 star_tenshi

star_tenshi

• 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 05:33 AM

I've got neons and harlequin rasboras in my tank with my guppies. I found a list online that says that you can put in ghost shrimp, dwarf gouramis, neons, rasboras, dwarf frogs, and glass fish. Hope it helps! ;)

#10 star_tenshi

star_tenshi

• 45 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 05:36 AM

almost forgot...don't put in a betta! it'll attack the guppies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users